What oil you guys running?

I’d like to know what oil you guys recommend I run in my 270km KADET? Its my DD for the warm months. I’ll also be sliding it at the drift-ops events. The thing is still pulling hard and not burning any oil. I can kinda hear my cams at idle at the moment but im not sure what oil my shop poured in last oil change. I rather run some thicker oil to be on the safe side. Let me know what you guys are running and recommend I run.

Thnx,
Jake

I use castrol syntec 5w30
You can use 10w30 if it won’t be run in the cold.

castrol gtx 10w30

whatever synthetic is on sale lol

I use 5w20. Its whatever comes out of the pump at work. But I change my oil monthly just because I can.

I use 10-30 Penzoil full synthetic now. 10-30 castrol full synthetic was my favorite before, but when I couldnt find any, I used Penzoil and it maintains better in my opionion.

15w40 rotella.

i use amsoil in all my cars… amazing oil… but don’t believe the 25,000mile change bs. I still change every 4000-5000km.

on the 240 i run 10w30, ive run 10w40 as well.

more importantly, change oil every time you drift or bounce off the rev-limiter excessively, Dylan will back me up on that :slight_smile:

Should change your oil before any track event and change your brake and clutch fluid every season.

this means i must change my oil everyday

Wasn’t there already like 3 threads on this topic already? -_-

5-40/10-40 synthetic for street use for any boosted RB/SR/KA. 15-40/15-50 for track abuse. Pick your brand (although I’m not a big fan of Royal Purple or Castrol personally, but it’s up to you).

I use Motul 8100 x-cess 5-40 synthetic myself. Only cause I get it at cost :smiley: . Second choice would be either Amsoil or Redline, both are easy to get and very good quality (partsource sells it).

Whatever is cheap.

I run Catrol GTX, or valvoline. Buy at Costco when either one is on sale, in bulk.

Doesn’t matter what kind of oil you use, matters how often you change it.

I change my oil before and after every track day. Considering a drift day at shannonville puts the better part of 750km’s on my car.

hmm whatever my motor feels like consuming, transmission fluid, gear oil, synthetic, anything!

Thanks for the replies. Ill try some 15-40. Is it alright to hear my cams at idle when standing next to the engine?

15w40 royal purple, I haven’t tried other brands of 15w40 but i get 5-10psi more oil pressure at idle when engines hot with this viscosity over 5/10w30.

[QUOTE=danbikes;3339027]Wasn’t there already like 3 threads on this topic already? -_-

5-40/10-40 synthetic for street use for any boosted RB/SR/KA. 15-40/15-50 for track abuse. Pick your brand (although I’m not a big fan of Royal Purple or Castrol personally, but it’s up to you).

^^ I’m curious to know how 15w40, is any better than 5w40 for track abuse? Doesn’t make much sense as both are the same viscosity when hot.

^ Its always good pratice to keep the range as small as possible between cold and hot vis. This is starting to change now with fancy chemistry as 0-50 oils are sold in high end cars. I still personally run 10-30 syn with an oil cooler and have never had a problem, buy whats on sale and change it often. Its what the fsm says to use so I trust the engineers, even though the car is boosted higher than stock the oil pump and passages are still stock.

Using Amsoil Z-Rod (High Zinc & Phosphorus) 10w30 currently, will be switching to premium protection 10w40 in the hotter summer months though, amazing oil for a great price since a friend is a dealer :slight_smile:

For the guy that said doesn’t matter what oil you use, your clearly misinformed… no oil is the same.