What oil?

well i just picked up my new 240, and i want to ask u guys what kind of oil u all run with and what weight. my car has 243km and i would like to know what u think is good to run with, i always ran Mobil 1 in every car iv owned. so if u guys could help me out with even just the weight that would be great, thanks.

Joel

http://www.midwayautosupply.com/images/mobil/10w30_3X.jpg

What did the prev owner run?

Maybe its just my experiance but i went from reg to syncetic and started burning oil, went back and it stopped.

Or…Mobil 1 and Amsoil seem to be the leaders (there’s also Royal Purple
but i don’t know much about them)

http://www.stokesabode.com/amsoil/Prod-info/Diesel-Oils/Images/AMSOIL-Series-3000-5W-30.jpg

the motor has high kms its at around 243 right now, i think the prev. owner ran just normal oil, i always ran mobil 1 in every car i have owned but i dont want it to start burnin oil, and possible other bad stuff like leak at the seals. i havent ran conventional oil in a while whats on the top for oil now. and what weight should i run with.

thanks everyone

be crazy and put in mobil 1 15W50 hell yeah :twisted: and revv herr uppp there man

I run 15w50 in my SR.

so does cal, and i think a few other people.

That’s too thik, you’ll inflate the seals and it will puff like a champ when you try and use any other oil.

I have that in my KA. Ran fine until the shim popped out. Can’t say I
blame the oil :dunno:

Sticking with 5w30 or 10w30 Mobil 1 from now on.

That’s too thik, you’ll inflate the seals and it will puff like a champ when you try and use any other oil.[/quote]

what do you mean puff like a champ ?

I’m running 15w50 as well right now but may go down next oil change

I also have 15w50 in my KA, car runs beautifully. Might go down to 10w30 though if there’s something wrong with it?

As per owners manual, I run 5W30.

I happen to use Mobil 1 synthetic. I know it’s thin, but in keeping an eye on the level, I don’t lose any at all, and it stays clean.

how many kms do u have on ur motor?? thats the one thing that is buggin me, i dont know if i should go with the god of oils mobil 1, or just keep runnin “normal” BS :? but with 243km on the motor i just dont know.

243 k ? unless you need this motor to last to say 350k ? drop in some motormaster and save some $$$ hah.

That’s too thik, you’ll inflate the seals and it will puff like a champ when you try and use any other oil.[/quote]

what do you mean puff like a champ ?[/quote]

It will then once switched back to a thinner oil, start to burn oil.

Mine does on startup and when im really tearing on her.

I used 20w50 all last year, sweet oil but once you go with something that
thick theres no turning back. Im now running 10w40 and it’s a nice medain.

[quote=“Jedi_Car_Fan”]

243 k ? unless you need this motor to last to say 350k ? drop in some motormaster and save some $$$ hah.[/quote]

lol ya, well im in college still till Oct. so i need the car to last for as long as possible, after then i can just buy a new less km motor and slap it in. but i would like to get my Ka-T project rolling, but that will have to wait.

what do you mean puff like a champ ?[/quote]

It will then once switched back to a thinner oil, start to burn oil.

Mine does on startup and when im really tearing on her.

I used 20w50 all last year, sweet oil but once you go with something that
thick theres no turning back. Im now running 10w40 and it’s a nice medain.[/quote]

I am always tracking my car and with 240000km on this strong running motor I thought i’d better run something thicker cause you know how it is at track your often at redline, do you think its better running thicker oil ? and what do you mean by Inflate the Seals ?