what oil and filter to use with ka-t setup

just wondering what type of oil and filter are you guys using? And what do you suggest i use for my ka-t setup. Mostly driven on the streets and once or twice a month at the track

I use Mobil 1 synthetic 10W30, with OEM Nissan oil filters on mine.

10W30 syntetic with fram filter on mine :lol: . I just hate those smooth OEM filter.

I’m using 10w30 Mobil1 with OEM filter and will keep using it when I finally get put a turbo on my KA.

Not a Ka-t but hope so soon, i use 15-40 with pf1232 filter i think it is, ACDelco all the way (its free thats why)

depending on how hard u run ur car u can always use a heavier oil like 20w50 i think it is? basically its thicker but if its hot out and ur running ur car hard its going to be better, alot of race cars use this oil

yea and all race cars burn oil

i use amsoil 10w30 w/ oem nissan filter but thats for sr

10w40 and motomaster filter

Basically i’d suggest using any kind of synthetic with frequent oil changes to keep your oil clean (along with waiting for turbo to cool down after driving), to ensure your turbo, and engine for that matter, live life to it’s fullest. :slight_smile:

AMEN :o

i’m using 20w50 right now and i’ve been advise that bc it’s so thick that it wouldn’t be good for my oil pump. It’s working twice as hard to pump the oil. Should i downgrade to something thinner or should i just stick with it

I actually prefer the ACDelco for my focus over the OEM brands.

I use Mobil 1 5w30 w/fram filters (i find them cheap)

yea and all race cars burn oil[/quote]

all cars burn oil, not just race cars

can someone tell me if 20w50 is good for the oil pump. I was told by a mechanic that it’s too thick and would make the oil pump work twice as hard. i’m thinking about continuing using the 20w50 only if it doesn’t break my pump. Would you guys suggest me using this oil for the summer? i do attend track events about twice a month and occasionally drive pretty hard on the highway

All i’ve heard is that it’ll be slightly worse for immediate cold start lubrication to the engine, not sure about the oil pump though.