What so you guys do for supplemental income?

I do design work side projects making customs parts although I need to get a engineering job and utilize my degree instead of working my shitty job :confused:

I’m not the best mechanical guy in the world. But I do play with Soliworks.

I’m pretty sure a car that gets 10 mpg is a poor choice for pizza/drug sales. (that’s right. I figure 50% of pizza delivery guys supplement their jobs as well.)
I tried the buy a car, fix it and sell it route… Once they are fixed, I lose all interest and make no money selling a car that will run fine, but needs to be reassembled. (like jettas)

Someday I hope to be a management consultant. Those guys have it made.
So long as they actually get work. I’m studying for my PMP, and might look into an MBA. Just need to write up a quick research paper first.
Too bad I did not study chemical engineering. That would have made my work life much easier.

I did a few 3D drawings for a guy, and that was fun…

guru.com is an iteresting site…
Everyone seems to think you can design circuit boards or engineering plans for less than $250.

I think I’m going to push my wife into starting up her own home based floral business. That will be another thread.

Because they can find someone in India who will do it for that much…

Stupid question. What’s the interest rate on you cc? If your getting railed a high rate, roll it over to something lower. My credit union is 6% I cut it up, and simply just pay it down

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

I just started selling counterfeit girl scout cookies over the internet.

If you have a basic understanding of sports in general and like girls running around in yoga pants, I can get you in touch with the guy that runs game-on-sports reffing.

It was a great gig for me before I left, and if I do end up back in Buffalo eventually, you can bet i’ll pick it up again.

Plot twist: My Check is going to bounce.

Collect the money, then hit the Dollar store for these and profit:

http://www.toptenwholesale.com/ttw/images/products/563156.jpg

You paid 32 grand in TAXES on just your overtime? And you’re saving up for a used viper? Right. :roll2:

At least there is Chocolate Chip!

I just caught this. That’s a lot of cheddar. Actually, a single/0 dependent who makes $120k/year would pay ~$32k in taxes. Meaning this guy made $120k in just overtime. Assuming overtime is at an aggressive percentage, 30% of your actual time worked, on average… He cleared $500k last year. Nice.

How do you think he picks up all those sluts in the bars?

Not to thread jack but im also interested in hearing some good ideas on supplemental income as im saving for a house/garage build

Are all of these software licenses being used by people on guru.com illegally downloaded? I’m trained in Revit Arch, Revit MEP, Inventor, and Autocad but don’t have my own license …i just find it hard to believe all these people on that guru site pay for the $5k+ autodesk license or how ever much it is now

Hmm.

I have access to all of that plus some.

I would imagine most people moon light with company stuff or use pirated stuff.

Just based on guru.com people if you had a legit side consulting business then you could write it off assuming you were actually going to make decent money to cover it anyways.

and lol

$120k in overtime! There’s no time for that!

I am a partner in a janitorial business with my father. Bought some equipment, a van and went to get some accounts. I make very little to anything right now as I pay my father to run it, but we are slowly growing and picking up more accounts. I tie in my insurance with it and usually help my clients with office space to get their weekly/monthly cleaning costs cut down. We also help companies setup an internal cleaning process, chemicals and equipment, if they don’t sub out to another business to have it done.

Don’t have time to type out the calc but not that simple. Assuming he’s at least at a 28% marginal federal tax rate (agi over 85k), that also means a 6.45% NYS MTR, plus he probably included an additional 10% in other withholdings like FICA/FUTA/SUTA that we’ll count at 10%. Thats 44.45% in marginal tax. That works out to approx $75k in just OT earnings (this is a super quick back of napkin calc.). So more than likely closer to AGI of 125k-150k (75k/1.5-2OT earnings. This is conservative. I’m assuming a lot of the OT was at least 2x time.)

Nowhere near 500k.

Skilled construction labor (welding etc.) ~$7/day…

I have no idea what the IT jobs rates are.