What so you guys do for supplemental income?

once in a while when i have time i fix cars for people…i usually do it for half what the garages charge them, since i work cheap and can get comparable or better quality parts for less.

ive also done quite a few exhaust jobs for some friends. usually make them get the stuff and trim and i weld it all up.

ive been swamped with working overtime plus school right now but after this semester im hoping to do a few jobs to help pay for getting my boat on the water this summer.

web developer, graphics design, etc… I pretty much do anything related to computers… Oh and I detail vehicles (bought a commercial steamer) on the side too.

For those of you good with computers there are a number of websites that let you pick up contract work.

Example http://www.guru.com/

I currently have a side project with the IRS lol

Starting my first shift tonight valeting at Destiny in Syracuse. But outside of that I do a ton of hockey coaching (goalies, specifically). It used to be my summer only gig, but has progressed to pretty much a solid 8-10 months out of the year side job.

Sell drugs

Deliver pizza

Tend bar

Sell drugs

what ever you do, do it off the books, and for a decent amount of cash

no point working a 2nd job, for like 20 hours a week, making 9.50 an hour…

tend bar, bar back, if you’re a bigger guy, bouncer jobs usually pay 10-15/hr cash

:word:

It should be a law that any work you do beyond your standard 40 hour week is non-taxable.

Dude, how are the people who don’t want to work going to survive? Someone please think of the lazy!

also I own 6 rental units, but I wouldn’t call that income - more like free equity and a tax write off until the mortgages are paid.

Classics never die.

http://cdn2.screenjunkies.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/breaking-bad-rv.jpg

Did you say your credit card balance is increasing at a greater rate then can be payed off?

Why not live within your means?

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

I would have been 32k richer last year - please run for office

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Honestly if you want I used to setup carnivals in my teens and stay in contact with my old boss if you wanna do that

i was not a bouncer, more like a “check i.d’s at the door and if theres a problem get someone bigger than you to come help” type person and would make at least 30-100$ extra per week for 1-2 nights. it’s not “holy shit this is SO AWESOME” kind of money but it would take care of most bills for that week. plus free alcohol :stuck_out_tongue:

now i can just do a side job from my current job on the weekend and double my income that week

this is an interesting topic.

i’ve hustled car parts and bought and sold off kijiji for years… pays more than most people’s full time work and always done in addition to full time work and school. it started out as pennies though.

i think the whole idea of just making an extra $100 - $200 is silly… if you’re going to invest that kind of time you can get way more return by not expecting just dollars… build a small business, help someone else build their business… in general just hustle your ass off and you’ll probably find that your second life will create better opportunities than your first life does. either that or it will give you more leverage in the workplace. What LZ’s doing sounds pretty friggin rad actually.

but yeah, living within your means should probably come first otherwise you’re just going to get yourself into even more trouble.

^Hence my custom title :lol:

suck dick.

Ask any divorced man paying alimony how well sucking dick pays

If I work any more than I do now, I’m going to hang myself with an extension cord.

PS-I was a bouncer long ago. Not as much fun as it sounds.

Now that Im back in the civilian work force, the Air Force Reserve weekend is an easy $200-$300 a month, along with many other benefits. Not trying to be a recruiter here but it feels like supplemental income to me now.

And +1 for valeting for Josh.

But you can’t just ask Suze Orman if you can afford to suck dick. She doesn’t even know how.