What the F*** Schmitts?!

bring one of us to the dealership with you

BLOW UP at the dealership

[quote=“JDMR2,post:10,topic:35190"”]

i work in a dealership, i guarantee you should be able to acquire with enough complaining to the right person (ie call the general manager of schmidts, dont bother talking to service)

d. rental car for the length of time you are without a car

[/quote]

if you have already talked to chris in service (most likely) then talk to john or tim, 2 of the other brothers

if you get no where talking to them, Tom is the prez

and as for the rental car, theres ALWAYS dealer plates in the locker up front and there is always always always a used car that they send out w/ dealer plates as a makeshift loaner car

said dealer plated used car always goes to the squeeky wheel (despite it being illegal for them to do so)

[quote=“HotRodKid,post:42,topic:35190"”]

said dealer plated used car always goes to the squeeky wheel (despite it being illegal for them to do so)

[/quote]

Heh…and every dealer I’ve ever worked for does it.

good luck man, i have never heard anything good about that place…

^^ what gets me is that he took his car there in the first place. It’s common knowledge on this board that they do some pretty bad work.

they are the only Audi dealer … and i called all the VW dealers, and no one does oil changes.

i know they are bad. i’ve had bad experiences with them in the past, but i didnt have a choice.

if i owned an audi, i would definitely make the trek to bowmansville to get it serviced

or take it to northtown lexus for basic stuff…you’d be surprised the number of audi’s, bmw’s, mercedes, and ferraris for basic (and not so basic) services…

Sorry to hear. NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO SHITTS.
They better replace all 4 of your tires too. That is total bullshit if they don’t.
And do your own oil changes. You don’t even need a jack for your car.

[quote=“01AudiS4,post:48,topic:35190"”]

Sorry to hear. NEVER EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO SHITTS.
They better replace all 4 of your tires too. That is total bullshit if they don’t.
And do your own oil changes. You don’t even need a jack for your car.

[/quote]

what? all the info i see you have to take off the wheel well, under guard to just get to the filter/drain plug. how the hell do you do it without even jacking the car?

i figured that work is worth the $10 that it costs for them to do it. stupid me

sorry for your troubles, i know i wont go there now. BTW my friends 330xi, same thing happened, he figured it was cool just replacing one, until he blew the rear out and cost him over 4 grand. Ill find picks, center trunk is missing and BMW diagnosed it was caused from only replacing the one drive wheel tire instead of both rear. :slight_smile:

If you have your belly pan on you do have to take it off, which is only a few clips that can be taken of with a flat head screw driver, no need to take any wheels off. My belly pan is still at the shop that my turbo’s were done at because the place sucks. But there is not really any need for it anyway. The drainplug and oil filter are right out in front and right next to each other. When my car was at stock ride height I did not need to jack the car up to do an oil change. Regardless NEVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO SHITTS.

so now i got it back. and a huge :tdown: to tom (or whatever) schmitt. talked to him for a good 15 minutes about the whole deal and he just blew me off. i made my disappointment and anger very clear about the whole situation and all i got was: “Well thank you for telling me, we only know we are doing bad when people tell us”. WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?!

Last time my car is ever going there … so who can align the rear of an s4? :slight_smile:

^^ sounds like TOM alright

[quote=“Griff,post:52,topic:35190"”]

so now i got it back. and a huge :tdown: to tom (or whatever) schmitt. talked to him for a good 15 minutes about the whole deal and he just blew me off. i made my disappointment and anger very clear about the whole situation and all i got was: “Well thank you for telling me, we only know we are doing bad when people tell us”. WHAT THE SHIT IS THAT?!

Last time my car is ever going there … so who can align the rear of an s4? :slight_smile:

[/quote]

the whole situation sucks, man. Sorry to say that I will not be buying alignment equipment though.

However, anything else…just give me a shout.

I have talked to Tom or Tim or whatever his name is with the same result.
It was like talking to a wall.

i did like how he basuically said that they know they suck and he was happy to hear about it, and not do anything about it.

what winners