what tires do you recommend?

Need 205/55/16 and its going on an 06 Civic.

she HATED the Bridgestone Turanzos (or however you call it) that came with it.
she LOVES the bridgestone Potenza G009, which she currently has on the car.( but they’ll chopped… I’ve heard that all the G009’s and some other potenza’s chop.) Her alignment is Perfect so its the tires trust me.

The inside edge of the tires are not smooth and its making road noise and pissin her off…

She likes:
Directional Tread
softer rubber over harder rubber
a good traction tire that will last a good while.

Its not like we’re looking for a straight up performance tire, she’d want to get the potenza’s again but doesnt like that after around 12k miles they start to chop.
So what would you Recommend?

kumho ecsta spt - $73
bfgoodrich g-force sport - $83 / $94
kumho ecsta mx - $90 / $98

first price listed is tire rack, second price is discount tire. all good tires priced below $100.

If you need an all season, I would suggest the Potenza RE960AS, 400 tread wear… Awesome all season…

it’s a civic, get the cheapest pep boys tires you can find. It’s not like it’s a race car or anything.

I liked the G009s too, but they did get a little sloppy after about 15k…

I just got a set of Yokohama Avid H4S’s for my G/F’s Tiburon, Treadwear 500… They’ve been nice so far.

ya its not a race car. but you can tell the difference between a pepboys tire and an actual good handling tire. she wants good handling and grip, we’re not looking for racing tires lol.

I never noticed a difference between tires, cheap or expensive. I did notice a little more road noise on the cheap tires, but that’s about it.

ya she doesnt like road noise, the potenza’s were really nice for the first 12k miles. now their sounding horrible

kumho ecsta spt - $73

You will not regret getting this tire for the money!

RE960’s… if they make them in that size… I had them on the goat for 20,000 miles, 5 flashlight drags, 10 trips to PRP, They still look good, and just passed inspection last week, Just pulled them off for new wheels with Potenza RE-01R (INCREDIBLE summer tire)… they are quiet tires too.

round

yes, which these current potenza’s arent lol

just checked on discount tire direct, they’re special order. they make em in her size, they look very nice, have Great reviews, and have a 400 treadwear… but $129/ea… I dont think she wants to spend that.

I track my SPT’s regularly, trust me they’ll be a great buy for that car.

beat me to it u bastard :slap:

Can’t really go wrong with Kuhmos. For a DD with no emphasis on performance, Hankooks are decent tires as well. Had them on my GA and my mom has them on her wagon and they’re quiet and have a softer ride.

Also those Goodyear TripleAssurance tires have been getting rave reviews.

Shiiiiiittttttt I wish my tires were only $129/e :frowning:

+1 vote for Kumho’s.

I second the Yoko Avids. Ran them on my WRX for a while. Pretty good tire for the money. Mr.Tire has them advertised all the time buy 3 get 1 free.

my kumhos didnt get shit for mileage outt of them