What to affix badges with?

I got my STi and WRX badges today in the mail. What should I use to stick them to the car. Does advance auto or autozone sell a thin double sided tape for this?

–mark

there is a glue that is made for badges, forgot what its called, but ya double sided 3M tape is the bomb too.Time for that TypeR badge huh.

Type RRRRR

I’ll try the 3m stuff first, it seems easy enough to trim to fit behind the badge.

–mark

3M grey tape with the red backer is what the shops use.

Clean the badge and car really good with alcohol; then apply the tape to the badge trim; then heat with a blowdryer until the red backer starts pealing off then apply it. This is the process my brother uses at his shop for side mouldings and everything else stuck on with that tape.

Nooooo leave it badgeless!!! :slight_smile:

i second the 3M tape. i used it on my Porsche when the little 944 badge on the back broke off, and it help on there really really well and even made it through a few automatic car washes.

I did 3m tape on mine.

staple gun

the 3m tape is pretty expensive, i might order that on ebay or something.

I think I paid 30 bucks for a roll.

If you bought them new they’re basically fat stickers. Peel the backer and stick them.

it didnt come with tape on the back?some do, but ive always liked the adhesive its a black glue and as long as you dont put too much on itll work great.

I didnt get them new.

debadged ftw

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/psphinx81/12-16%20evo%20pics/HPIM1004.jpg

ricer

[quote=“Studderin,post:14,topic:27598"”]

ricer

[/quote]

I second that1! Badgeless ftw! Now ditch the hood scoop and spoiler for an rs and you are golden!

you people need to make up your minds. One thread you want to take the damn things off. The next you want to put them on.

you have 8 posts. You’re depth of vision here is pretty small there buddy.

[quote=“ryanmcell,post:15,topic:27598"”]

I second that1! Badgeless ftw! Now ditch the hood scoop and spoiler for an rs and you are golden!

[/quote]

:bloated::bloated::bloated:

I already told Mark there would be words if he did that.

[quote=“98SS10,post:2,topic:27598"”]

there is a glue that is made for badges, forgot what its called, but ya double sided 3M tape is the bomb too.Time for that TypeR badge huh.

[/quote]

Its called 3M Contact Cement.

Strong enought to make a serious bond, but not so strong so you cant pull the badge off again

[quote=“MPD47,post:18,topic:27598"”]

:bloated::bloated::bloated:

I already told Mark there would be words if he did that.

[/quote]

:slight_smile: