What to do in Toronto?

I will be in TO next weekend and I am looking for things to do that aren’t run of the mill. I don’t care about the CN tower, Medieval Times or the Eaton Centre. I want the “hidden gems” that exist in every city, just not so hidden that I get ass raped in the process.

Go.

Queen West. Spadina / China Town, Kensington Market.

park at Spadina in the garage near Kensington and just walk.

Get some bubble tea, go to Taste of China, then walk through Kensington and either north to College and walk West as far as you want then south to Queen and back to Spadina…

It’s the best part of Toronto.

Lots of great one-off shops, lots of great restaurants.

College is more for night time in Little Italy. The Queen West area is where you want to be.

“One of a Kind” is a restaurant on Queen that is very inexpensive and like an 7.5/10 for food. you can get a good surf and turf there for $30 or something.

Make sure you hit the Trinity - Bellwoods Park area on Queen.

I hear Toronto has some pretty good Pho!

And maple syrup!

not anymore

ill pay you double what it costs to smuggle me back some little maple candies. I only mile the ones shaped like a maple leaf though

If you find Tiger Tail ice cream up there I’ll pay your for it.

Beer Bistro, great beer selection and the most fantastic pulled pork sandwich I’ve ever had.

Anthony Bordain just did a whole episode of “the layover” in toronto. watch it and go where looks good to you. Lots of decent hidden-ish gems featured.

http://www.ago.net/

AGO is a beaut

Slampigs and Beer. Make sure beer comes first though.

That show is great for finding things to do in random cities.

It’s a short drive to Niagara Falls!

no need to be a debbie downer

Im also pretty interested in some of these responses because to be honest, relative to the size of Toronto, there doesnt seem to be too much to do there. I mean, I always have a good time when I go, but its always planned and I never actually stumble across a really cool/unique/blast of an experience (which I do almost every time I travel somewhere).

You’re not an actual person are you? You’re some kind of weird hipster gary gnu v-bulletin add-on right?

I guess it depends on what youre looking for.

There is a world-class dining scene in Toronto and because it’s so culturally diverse you get a wide array of hipster / local one-off businesses.

Lol im definitely NOT, nor do I resemble any form of Hipster. I know a few people from Toronto who claim the exact same thing as well. Toronto is a beautiful city with a lot to offer, but for being one of the largest cities in North America… its kind of dull outside of the typical big city draw stuff. Ill go to a few concerts, a Toronto FC match, a few Blue Jays games, the Eaton Centre and of course, black out on Queen, Richmond and John a few times a year, but as soon as I start straying away from those areas, ive found nothing.

I would like to give China town another chance per what you said Bing, I had some really good food there a few years ago but dint stay there long.

But to OP… Town Crier Pub on John Street has a really cool vibe and lot of great beers if youll be DT and drinking is your thing… Thats my contribution lol.

st lawrence market? i always hear good things but ive never been

I went last time I was there. Would go again. GF enjoyed it for sure