what to do with a criminal justice degree..

They didn’t offer those programs until just this past year.

HAHA! Thats probably the only time I will ever agree with you. CJ is the stupidest/biggest waste of a degree there is.

X2

State Trooper thing is a good idea except that the deadline to take the exam was December 1st. She would have to wait 3 more years to take it.

tell her to use that paper as a pad… cause thats about all its worth

Penn is looking for troopers REALLY BAD!!! They’re coming up to SUNY schools looking for people.

hilbert has a baller internship program hit that up. also the career center there has a very dedicated chick and she has mad hookups. she even got me a job that didnt have shit 2 do with my studies. at that school you get your moneys worth. use the resources. its not what you know its who you know, hilbert knows alot of people. Also go back and talk to your adjunct professors, they will have many leads and can get your foot in the door. several good ones are kathy pierino, bernie walsh etc, etc. She has many options coming from a good school. she will find something she just has to know where to look.:wave:

Paralegal…I have a criminal justice degree and a pre-law degree and that is what I’m doing.

She will not ever do crime scene unless she is a cop first, which is academy then working night shift until she makes her way up. Or go in the FBI… but still…same route as a cop with training etc.

search indeed.com for investigator, security, paralegal, airport security

^ Mrs. Karus

You are better off with a psychology degree than a criminal justice degree if you want to be a cop. They teach you everything you need to know about criminal justice in the academy. I went through the academy with quite a few 21 year olds.

if she wants to become a CSI, she should talk to Captain Michael Melton, I believe he still teaches a forensic class at Hilbert at night. I interned with him over the summer, eh could definitely lead you in the right direction.

Question:

Why do troopers get paid so much? Thats about on par with the average engineering pay in NY.

It seems more like who you know then anythings else to get a job like that, unless your a black girl.

Why does my breath smell like cat food?