What to do!??

So I have an opprotunity to buy a '88 VW Fox for pocket change. 3rd gear syncho is bad but its in descent shape, it still runs and drives and its inspected till December. Just a little grinding to let you know its running.
I need a car for when I sell my Passat to beat around in but not sure if this will float my boat. And for those of you that know me, I might have to take out the drivers seat and sit in the back unless I can figure something out with the seat rails…

eehh I dunno!!! :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

waste of money

screw it, you don’t want that

(forward me the contact info for the car)

foxes suck.

you could have my step-mom’s cabrio for $500… it needs a headgasket, but it’s beautiful otherwise.

buy my monte carlo

why are you selling the passat? its a nice looking car

are you serious?

foxes are badass

what year cabby? when did i blow?

-could be a waste if it blows up in my face
-my old skool vw! i need something to take apart too
-fox > cabrio all day any day
-monte carlo…kehehe
-selling Passat because it is a nice looking car. that is all.

buy it

1989… it blew a couple months ago, but it’s been garaged since… and the head gasket is just my guess at what’s wrong with it. i think it’s still inspected, and the top is brand new.

i’ll take it from her house for a minimal cost. 500 for a blown up cabby is far too much.

how could it be a waste if it’s pocket change?

i thought you wanted to drive it and not take it apart? also putting it back together is key.

in your dreams

monte :kekegay:
passat :kekegay:

Ok I bought it and ripped the interirour out first hing because it stenched like fungues which was cause by the water logged carpet and insulation.

1. I need new seats. If anyone has some that sit low and bolt down that would be key
  2. I will pay someone to cut out and patch my floor. Then I should be good to go.
    It starts right up, just needs a parking brake line, 3rd gear syncro and some body TLC. The euro plate looks so sexy on the front I might add :slight_smile:

http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/php/upload/DSC00319r.jpg
http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/php/upload/DSC00320r.jpg
http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/php/upload/DSC00323r.jpg
http://www.steelcitysfinest.com/php/upload/DSC00329r.jpg

i had one of them good beater car’s i paid 100 buck’s for it

damn, that rust is up into the rocker. Im sure it can be patched though. As for the seats, will stock vw seat postioned all the way back work? If so, ill dig out a set and you can have them. thast provided i still have them and they were not tossed.

as for tranny, i have a tranny for you via maroneys. if it is a 5 speed, i have acess to 3 of them at work— 2 are used for $125, 90 day warranty. Other one is New for $375 i believe.

if it is a 4 speed–then used tranny is like 175-200 range.

oh yeah, audi 20v 5 cyl. n/a or turbo, or older audi 5000 5cyl 10v turbo will fit in :slight_smile: plus ur normal 4 bangers will fit.

Too bad it wasn’t a wagon!!!

brad…if you can rig a way to bolt them in, you can have the recaros out of my Swift pretty cheap. they’re in great shape, but you’ll have to fab something up to bolt them in.

cabby, do the seats have rails that bolt directly down to to the floor? The o.e. fox seats have those 2 side rails and that center point to hold the seat in place and adjust the position. If the vw seats are like what I am looking for they should work all the way back. I can just cut out the center adjuster point and side rails so they dont get in the way…

as for the tranny, Im going to try and repair it first before I dump a chunk of change like that into this thing. Im really just trying to get it running and sealed up for winter use. Tranny still works but ya cant shift to 3rd immediately, it will grind…If I give it a few seconds and then shift into gear its a okay. So its more of an annoyance than anything. Thanks for help so far! :burnout:

just a beater car!!! Although, the thought a 5cyl T makes this tiny car pretty damn fast

…naaahhhh

when looking for Fox parts, old Audi shit will fit a lot better than old VW shit. there’s a DIY on putting A1/A2 VW seats in a Fox on VW Vortex.