What to wear to a wedding? Also, what makes a good wedding gift?

As much as I would like to show up in cutoff jean shorts and a wife beater with an unwrapped fondue set under my arm this weekend… I don’t think it would be appreciated. So… are we talking full suit or are khaki’s and a sports coat acceptable?

wow great info.

What kinda wedding fuckhead.

gay climbing adventure, beacharama, Indoor at the trailer park. Redneck farm, nude resort , boy scouts ?

full suit at least 100 dollars per person attending the wedding.

im with whitey. 100%

And remember darker colors are slimming

tux…

http://www.pittspeed.com/uploaded/macnamanda.jpg

so you’re telling me you want cash? that’s so impersonal. I was thinking maybe a nice used blender or perhaps some second hand bedding.

ill go in on a toaster with you mike

Do they have a registry? If not then all bets are off…I vote sex toys!

Wear a black suit, with some sort of conservative Tie.

And to really spruce it up: Take the crusty towel your mother uses to wipe my pecker juice from her forehead as a makeshift hanky.

Ahhh yes the “Terrible” towel as she calls it. Oh, btw she said to send along her best wishes and she hopes your penis splint surgery heals up well and that she cant wait to try vaginal sex with you as her bellybutton is sore.

You don’t have to get me anything. I am just telling you what I do for weddings. People may register for gifts but it is because they have to not that they really want that shit. In this day and age the couple is usually the one footing the bill for the wedding and they would rather try to recoup cash. I know when a few of my friends had weddings and I knew they paid for it themselves I was generous with my gift. Besides carrying gifts after the wedding all hammered has to be annoying. I guess I will find out in 5 days.

I’ve always just given cash for a few reasons, first, at this point most of the people have already been living together so they have all the stuff they would need, ie toaster/blender etc.

And I vote suit as well

X2 … im getting married in 2 weeks and I would much rather have the cash to try and get back some of the money were putting into this!!!

at the bare minimum you should at least give enough to cover yours and your dates dinner.

Great point… We were living on our own for years so we already had two of everything. Dishes, appliances, cook wear, etc.

Cash is easy to wrap too, through it in a card and you are good to go!

Depends on the location but most of the time…suit is the way to go.

I definitely agree w/ cash as a gift if you didn’t get anything from a registry. We had a registry and the gifts we received not from the registry were off the wall and not needed.

Definitely would say suit more then a tux. Not really a big fan of the tux, I think a tux says “I only got dressed up because I had to for drinking purposes, when this is over i’ll be taking this back.”

i was just fuckin around with the tux comment. i was in the wedding so thats why i had that on.

Darkstar, ask Sailor to assist you in making a card. His card for my wedding was awesome. (notebook paper)

Full suit with some great shoes. not those kangaroo’s you been wearing since 5th grade. And i agree, $100/per person. after all free food and free booze. that is worth $200 to you