what type of gass does every one use??

um i was wondering if u have a ka-t or srde-t
would u need a specific type of gass to put in the car to make it run good or it don’t matter?

With boost, its suggested to run no less than 91

I run 91 in my RB but if a Sunoco is close i’ll throw 94 in.
Unfortunatly I live NO WHERE close to a sunoco, so they’re pretty rare for me lol.

Any pros and cons for running premium on a stock KA with nothing but an intake and exhaust?

Shouldn’t be any cons.
When i was still NA and I was around a sunoco, I’d through in some 94 and it ran as if the motor was brand new.
You can definatly notice a difference in consumption and the way the motor runs with cleaner and higher octane gas.
Clearly a good reason it costs more…unfortunatly I guess lol

if you have pre detonation(which some of these older 240s might have), higher octane should sort of help fix that

actually ive tried and tested this theory of mine, and was actually turned on to it by another SON member… Shell V-Power 91 > Sunoco 94

yes its true… a differance of about 75-100kms/tank
of course every car differs but i tried it in both my 240s, my dads mazda, and even my moms minivan, also converted a friend of mine and his supra turbo.

try it! you’ll be a believer!

PLUS! Shell takes Airmile! :smiley:

true dat! Man I love shell’s 91. It’s all ill put in unless im forced to go somewhere else. It really does give me about 50-100km more/tank. I’ve also tested this with 91 at a Pioneer. Mind you Shell always is 1c/L more than the Pioneer here in Caledonia, but heck who cares! V-Power all the way

It will depend on your tune and boost level. Don’t use 87-89 oct.

I’ve always used 91 on my ka engine. I am now ka-t and I still use 91. Engine likes it but my wallet doesn’t…:slight_smile: