What would you do... re: auto service

actually i think you both missed HIS point…

In for results.

Haenszel wins…I can understand me a paragraph just fine with mys college duhgree.

Back on topic: seriously just call Russ…

It’s been a real shitshow at work today. I’ll call at 4 when I leave.

Yea, just call, I’m sure they’ll handle it the right way.

Who gives a fuck in the grand scheme of things??? Oh the fucking horror!!! A brittle ass piece of shit plastic center cap had some tabs broken and it was glued on and a new one is $24-BIG FUCKING DEAL!!! Did they re-glue it to your $5000 CCW’s? No. Did it cause you to be stranded on the side of the road in the middle of winter? No. If this is the biggest concern in your life, I envy you.

You’re paying for an outcome that you expect. Not one you don’t.

LOL @ people saying “big deal” and “whaaa” and all that. It’s not the chump change, it’s the lack of accountability and someone trying to hide something.
In for result…hopefully they make good on it since it was their tech that did the damage.

Did someone Ben-gay your tampon or something? Like wow, seriously.

I wonder if those hippies called the cops on him again for trying to break up that beaver dam.

I was just there! Russ is a great guy and just made room for me to get an alignment in the FD after I showed up at 3:30 with no appt. I hope he takes care of you JayS and I deff agree with your logic here. Its deff not about $24…its about how people should behave and conduct themselves.

I am pretty sure only one person does alignments… im sure everyone knows who that is. However i do not know who mounts tires.
As said i know for a fact, since i have known russ since i have been like 10… that he would take care of this. How? I have no idea, but im sure something would be done. Considering center caps are pieces of shit, and it’s not like they’re volk 200$ replacement ones i wouldn’t care, and it was more than likely fucked up before. Perhaps it was already screwed up and they just tried “fixing” it? Were you sitting there the whole time or did you leave? They might have just forgotten to tell you, if russ isn’t there im sure the mechanic will not call you to inform you of this, nor do i think his sister would.

I also would not have mentioned that it was licata’s until everything was resolved. This is another “im going to make a big deal of something on the internet before i even try to correct it with the source” situation.

It’s the priciniple of the matter retards.

JayS is stating he has never seen, or personally damaged his center cap. After a recent trip to Licata’s, one of the wheel caps they worked on was “hacked” as described above. It’s not about the damaged cap, it’s not about the $24, it’s about the shop trying to hide their mistake without notifying JayS.

From what I have gathered Jay does not give one single fuck about the cap, he cares about lack of notification. I would be pissed as well if I was in his shoes.

I hope they take care of this for you.

meh i had suspension work done on my car and they never put the nuts onto the strut towers in the rear of the car. (integras have covers/panels that go over them, and they did not back out because i checked all over and they were no where to be found.) i believe this was just a careless mistake and they were not trying to kill me lol. and it was done by a paying advertiser here. is it worth all getting worked up over? No. Will someone get fired over it? No. Will anything even come out of it? probably not.

But i will not return for labor.

well i must ask, how was the alignment?

I know Russ personally as well. I wasn’t calling Russ a hack since Russ doesn’t really work on the cars. However, I know how Russ is and I know that if one of his guys did something that might piss off a customer and ultimately cost him money and reputation he would want to know about it. It is his name on the shop after all. Clearly Russ knows how to run a successful business.

Not sure what your deal is but if you have a problem feel free to PM me and we can discuss it out of this thread. If not, get over it.

Lack of notification??? Shut the fuck up.

When you drive something not from the 80s you’ll understand.

People treat you different because they are in awe of your presence.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Quattro Krant + Prozac = Happy boy. Holy shit, but then again, I got some similar sympathy with my “Fuckin Bitch cut me off post”.

This is very very untrue. I will typically ask for only Jeff to touch my car because he won’t fuck it up.

I’ve dealt with licatas multiple times. I have had some issues in the past with some of the work. I won’t go into detail and never posted up about it because I talked to Russ and he made it right for me. Mistakes will happen and all you can ask for is that you get a positive response and not denial of shotty work. He is an outstanding person when it comes to service and making things right. If something went wrong he would definately want it brought to his attention and he will back up the wrong and make it right. I honestly can’t say enough good shit about Russ. Outstanding ethics in the profession.