What do you guys think I should do about this?

I sold a set of wheels to a kid in greece through another forum for $250. Problem is, he only paid me $200 and told me he’d get me the rest later.
It was stupid, but I agreed since I was just passing through on my way to buffalo and had to get these things out of my car.

That was february, and he’s still not paying but he acknowledges that he owes me the $50 through PMs, he says he doesn’t have a job and can’t pay me.
I even showed up one day with a couple friends, but he had even more friends there. He still says he’ll pay me, but I know he won’t.

What kind of action can I take to get the money? I’m banking on the fact that I have online proof that he owes me the money.
thanks

HJ?

its 50 bucks. live and learn. you have tons of options, all of which will cost more than 50 bucks.

cut your losses. if you retaliate you’re going to lose more than 50 bucks if he takes you to court. if you take him to court it will cost you more than 50 bucks. if your time is worth the 50 bucks to go file and appear in court, then i suggest you find a better job.

sorry for being a dick, thats just the sad truth to your situation

give that shit up. you wont get it. chuck it up as a lesson learned

:deepbreath: AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

Ahem.

Anyhow, yeah. Shitty way to learn a lesson. Don’t waste your time.

Ask Mr. Feeny for advice?

^^ lol at Mr. Feeny comment.

I would take a plasma cutter to the wheels. The first $200 was for the rims, the last $50 was for the spokes…

ha yeah. Too bad he already sold the wheels to someone else. I’ve been getting screwed over left and right, Bergen Auto refuses to pay me the $100 they promised after they towed away a car for me. I thought I had a contact there, but now the guy isn’t answering his phone. I keep sacrificing money for convenience

tell him your coming over to take one of the wheels back with you until he pays you the rest of the money.

Hate to say it, but your the idiot that gave him the wheels w/o taking full payment.

Edit - didn’t see that last post. That’s fucking retarded. He sold the wheels he had not yet paid for, and didn’t give you the money he owes you. He’s either a big dick, or he thinks your a total D-bag and won’t do shit about it, or both. I’d cut his head off.

50 bucks

next time bring bigger friends.

while wearing an Adidas hoodie. i hear they hide your face well, while maintaining maximum toastyness.

Hmm for $50 it probably wouldn’t be worth much time to deal with. Maybe pester him some for it but I wouldn’t bother with anything that requires any real effort.

set his sister up with The Russian

Doesn’t anybody use signed receipts anymore stating a remaining balance in a situation like this? During any sale the biggest thing you should remember is CYA.

It’s ok, I know how you feel - I sold my TV, receiver, speakers and stands to a FRIEND at the time (Lauren Chameli or however you spell her last name) for a reasonable 400 bucks, took me 9 months to get 100 bucks from her, after I called her dad, and then she freaked out and told me she was going to pay me the rest the next day. Hey - that was 3 and a half years ago!

It’s 300 bucks, whatever, but seriously - it’s 300 bucks, it’s not a lot of money, just pay me back you dumb bitch.

it only cost you $50 to learn a lesson, move on with your life and be glad it wasn’t more than that

You’ll spend more than $50 both in time & money trying to pursue it. Just forget it, and learn from it.

Burn his house down.

slash a tire. sounds fair.