what would you do z24/G35/C5 or other...

sounds like an expensive rental to me

as far as my ins. goes.
i pay about $1100/year for an '05 RL Vue, and '01 Z24
but, i’m married and now 28 so… i’m sure that helps :wink:

which is exactly why this post is up. i’m not so much as defending it as just letting people know what can be done.

it’s just that i can do alot more to the cav, without spending 20K on the original price of the car.

so it’s either 20K for the car plus $$ in mods

or just $$ in mods that won’t surpass 4000

about 500 dollars.

i only want rears.

sorry to hijack.

Any car has potential. As long as it’s got 4 wheels and somewhere to put an engine, you can make it fast. I just think (know) you would be a shit ton happier with a new car… I really do.

i used to have a 300zx 1990

thing i used to bitch about all the time was cup holders. Whenever i got some fast food, i never had a place to put my fucking drink, its a pain in the ass. But thats not really the point. I always would bitch about having old as fuck interiors. I like the updated interiors. I like having stupid shit like power windows/locks. cup holders. innovative change holders. When i get in the driver seat of my DD i wanna be comffortable, have things in good reach. I want good working heat/ac. If u get the G35, i will promise that u will love being in ur car. I drive my parents’ g35 all the time when im home. its a joy to be inside of, its a joy to mash the pedal down, and its also a joy to hit the traction control off and start tearing ass around corners and letting the rear fly.

EDIT: now i have a 2000 xterra, that fucker has 3 cup holders, all different sizes, i never struggle with a cup of coffee or fast food drink. It doesnt have power windows or power locks and the ac doesnt work either. I guess i suck. i cant wait to graduate and sell that thing

id say a vette and evo/sti are almost = on fun factor
the vett would take the fun in the summer. But sti would gain it all back in the winter.
g35’s are beautiful. But there interiors are kinda chinsey(sp?)

An sti is not a “un-comfy” car. It’s just less comfy that lets say…the g35.
Sti/evo insurance is outragous though.
The vette insurance is actually less than my 06 gti (go figure)
Agian.
a vette would be a panty dropper no doubt. And would be mucho fun.
and you could get one way cheaper than a new sti
And I don’t think i would buy a used sti. Becuase you know it’s been beat.

g35’s interiors def aren’t chinsey. As far as anyone that has driven one says and from the sedans i’ve driven before.

i guess a big part of my decision is whether or not i want to end up with a winter beater as well. I honestly don’t mind storing a car to keep it in good condition. I know it’s not just me. WNY winters kill cars.

yeah i know… but it’ll still be hard to say goodbye to the Z. But another thing is, my car isn’t exactly on the same level as most cavy’s i’m sure u’ve seen.

i’ll let you take my car for a spin too. and you tell me what you think.

u mention the g35 interior as being chinsey and u dont mention that the vette interiors are identical to a chevy blazer?

if im gonna buy a top of the line sports car, im not gonna buy one that makes me feel like im driving some soccer mom suv

350z

G35 coupe >>>>> 350Z

:word:

:word: x2

NO 350z >>>> g35 :lol:

I would say go for the STi/Evo. This way you can have one car thats fun to drive all year round instead of just 5-6 months out of the year. The gas milage is decent as long as you stay out of boost. I average about 20mpg with a mix of city/highway. I personally like the STi interior, and don’t think its cheap looking at all. Also the STi has some pretty cool features (DCCD/headlight height adjustment from inside the car/ic water spray)

The 04 STis are dropping down to the low 20s, and the 05s being in the mid/high 20s depending on the milage.

DCCD is fawking fun in the snow and auto-x.

the price goes up when you have to replace a motor cause someone newmaned it but got out when they saw it coming.

old guys buy vettes to cruise in all the time, for the style points or whatever. No one buys an evo or STI to not beat on it, because they look just like standard econoboxes to the uninformed.

If you’re thinking you can make a DD out of a 350whp Cavalier, then you obviously don’t have anywhere that you HAVE to be every day…

just about any car is an upgrade to j-body interior in terms of quality, fit and finish.

even if you have spent weeks painting and working on the fit, its still cheesy.

i like my car for exactly what it is. GM’s economical compact. (circa 1990, for the 3rd gen anyway)
its supposed to be cheap, but just nice enough to keep you buying GM.

you dont buy a vette or GM for super nice/comfy interiors.
aftermarket parts for vettes are pricey too…

becuase as we all know, stock is never good enough.
(unless all you care about is going from point A to point B in a manner decided
by some guy at his desk)

It depends how hard you want to look for one. I found my 05 completely stock/7k miles on it/6 year or 80k mile warranty and you could tell he hardly drove it hard. He just bought a car that wasn’t for him.

They can take the normal redline every now and then no problem, so as long as the person didn’t totally beat the shit out of it, you should be fine. If the motor needs to be replaced, thats why you have a warranty :slight_smile:

Also, most of the vettes that old guys buy are autos anyways, so its not like the vette, exp the z06 isn’t going to get its fair share of beatings…