Whats a good shop around here to install hood pins?

Varacali?

yeah thats it

they want $100 to install, is that a good deal?

100 bucks to not have to replace your mangled weave? I’d say so.

If you cant install your own hood pins you dont need them!!!

Its not that i cant, i dont want to because its a very expensive hood and i hate any kind of body work. if i screw up then its on me to buy another hood. if a shop screws the hood up then its on them.

intranet asshattery at it’s finest. STFU

N00B BATTLE!!!

http://smiliesftw.com/x/smack.gif

It’s okay, danner can install them for you.

Install the pins in the location you want making sure there will be no interference from body line changes on the hood once you install the locks.

You will need to remove quite a bit of material to install these, cut the templates out of the box for a guide.

Let the hood fall on the pins enoguh so that a pilot hole mark can be seen on the underside of the hood, this is your mark for the pins, it will not be EXACT because of the angle in which the hood falls but it will be just fine for these style pins because of how much is removed.

Drill a hole large enough (start with a small bit and work up) so that the hood closes with the pins installed and there are no clearance issues. At this point cover the hood in those areas with a good quality masking tape.

Put your templates on the hood and mark their locations for cutting, check, double check, triple check.

The hole you drilled will be large enough to use a dremel sand wheel (barrel) to carefullly remove the remaining material. with an 80 grit barrel it will go quite easily and smoothly, trim to your lines and test for fit.

Adjust the pins forward/back (the nuts they supply allow you to make youre pin holes slightly larger than the stud) left, right, angle, spin to get them to work properly. This takes some time but just be patient.

Once it is all set use the pin lock itself for drilling the mounting bolt holes (use a friend to help hold in place) and a nut driver to tighten it all up.

Remove the tape, Add a bead of silicone to the underside of the pin lock and finish it off permanently.

i

hate

you

I hope your not talking to me asshole!! i will activate your dental plan!!

:ugh2: :greddy:

:rofl: e-thug’n at its finest

that is the worst comeback I have ever heard/read.

Best movie evAr…+11 for that

-1092482034 to everyone else that thought that was a real comeback.

what movie was it from?

Better off Dead.

that movie sucked, no wonder noone got the reference.