Whats it worth....

Hondas are fine to do it on as no bin etching . At least his vintage . I think Honda started to in 02 or 03

That’s on 02 and newer. 96-01 has no vin recognition

NYS connects the sticker to the vehicle it’s attached to-nothing to do with the ECU.

The stickers are vin traced and huge fines are put on us . Butttttt the comp is dumb and won’t no anything as far as a switched car goes . Till the stick gets ran cause his plate shows a uninspected vin

Exactly-in this case all liability is put on the car owner to protect the shop in question.

Not unless stick was peeled

Exactly, however, the right thing to do would be take all liability since you had a shop do you a huge favor in the first place.

Nope. It’s as simple as selecting “No Error Reported”. The tests still have to “run” but they don’t report a fail.

And for what it’s worth, the OBDII standard does NOT include VIN - this was an option, some use it and some don’t. The problem isn’t the VIN persay, just that ECM/PCM’s are serialized. Plug your ECM/PCM into another vehicle and allow it to complete readiness and then get it inspected if you are that worried.

Not that I would ever do any of that.

2 vehicles with same issues= no ready mode lol.

can’t do that…our cars are on a can bus…you would have to reprogram the vin of the car you put the PCM in into every module in the car and in order to do that you need to be on a factory scan tool hooked up to chrysler corporate…was a nice thought though. And the VIN is standard on a Chrysler OBDII. And yeah…we can’t select “no error reported” …not in the cards for us…like I said…the LS guys have it easy.

Move to SRS?

Why? Mine passed…lol

+1

No no, I full understand that you guys can’t just select “no error reported”. I was just telling you what we had to do to get a pass, we don’t even need sensors installed to get them to pass. As far as PCM VIN encoding goes, I was simply stating that it isn’t part of the OBDII standard IN GENERAL as in the federal standard didn’t require it.

The ECM/PCM swap works on a lot of vehicles, it sucks that your Chrysler products are not one of them. Hopefully someone steps up to the plate on that.

Lol gm.s are vin decoted . Anytime ya change a module or anything else the vin needs a reflash . And yes the comp sees it As it looks in them to see t.p.m info and air bag also a.b.s

AFAIK they have always done that. It’s always been tied to the Vin/Registration. I have never heard of a cop actually checking an inspection sticker in a routine stop, Though I have heard that some troopers will do it becuase they can.

FWIW, also if you ever buy a vehicle, and it has a valid NYS inspection, you still are legally supposed to go pay to have it inspected again as that sticker is tied to the PO’s registration.

D-bag. You are going to run into an issue when your reg runs up. If DMV doesn’t have an inspection on file for your vehicle for the 2 years it was registered in NYS then they will require one before you can register your car again… Ask me how I know.

Ding ding ding! You areee cooorrrreeeccctt!!

My reg shows my car being inspected every year don’t worry

Ahh yea forgot about that… Happend to my old man because he was to lazy to go get his truck inspected :rofl