Whats that smell in Manhattan?

this is weird cause it smell here too. anyone else notice?

NEW YORK (AP) – Authorities were investigating the source of a mysterious gas-like odor Monday that stretched across a large part of Manhattan, including Rockefeller Center.

The Fire Department began getting calls about the odor around 9 a.m. Monday, said spokesman Tim Hinchey. No source had been identified.

Across the Hudson River, Jersey City, New Jersey, mayor’s spokeswoman Maria Pignataro said officials there were told the odor was due to a gas leak in Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood, just north of Greenwich Village.

Utility officials with Consolidated Edison had no immediate comment.

In August, seven people were treated at hospitals after a gaseous smell in the boroughs of Queens and Staten Island.

?

kk so light a match and see what happens, I dont see the problem.

edit: actually on second thought it probably just some big hawaiian guy

howie farted.

that explains everything

Yep been listening to stern, he left the studio because of the gas smell

Bagels?

yea a guy at work was listening to Stern and was telling me that there is a wierd smell and they are starting to close things down

Chemical/Biological terrorism?

gas leak

CNN reports at 11:30 that the smell is being investigated, but is not terrorist related.

Mayor reports, Small gas leak in the West village does not account for the smell.

That city smells so bad all the time, what the hell is the difference anyway…

haha

i am talking to a guy right now on the phone that works at ernst & young which is located at 5 times square. he says he doesnt notice the smell… but he told me a lot of people in the building were complaining

Yeah, we almost evac’d my building

howie… where is ur building located

midtown, on park ave

ahh ok.

found it

Yeah it smelled pretty bad down here too…9th ave between 15th and 16th. I automatically just assumed howie farted and went about my day. Others seemed more worried.

the terrorists are testing the use of the subways system to spread nerve gas. The places you can smell it are the dead zones.

Fox news is your source? :lol:

Totally! I was watching them yesterday with that tractor trailer incident. They made it perfectly clear that they were the only ones covering this scene! It was such a joke.