What's wrong with autox???

I don’t really understand the people that claim “But for just a little more you can run at Dunnville.”

To run at dunville, you have an hour+ drive, multiple toll sections, complete tune-up, extra tires, new pads, etc.

Sure you get more seat time, but it’s probably at a much more substantial cost than driving ten minutes to ECCN.

You learn a shitload about the limits of your car and yourself as a driver at auto-x. If anything, I suspect it’s a great precursor to doing “track days”

Furthermore, track days aren’t timed. They aren’t HPDEs. Sure you may “feel it” when someone is baring down on you, but if that person is in a race prepped STI and you are in a shitty GTI, well maybe there is more to it than you are realizing. If you are overtaking a neon on the back straight when you are driving a 400whp rx7 or 600whp supra, how is that more exhilarating than beating down on grandpa’s CTS on the 290?

Don’t misunderstand me, any kind of racing is great and it’s helping rebuild this community… it’s just a shame the numbers are dwindling.