Wheeee!!

So me and Brian finished swapping the motor back in. It’s the same KADE I had in there before, I was just doing my clutch and changing my headers from that busted aftermarket one to the stockie.
Impressions:
The car runs beautifully. I put on a lightweight Fidanza flywheel, and it is noticeable, but not as much as some other people said. It’s nice, I feel it adds to the car in the overall sense of it.
The clutch grabs very nice and has very little pedal effort to it. This is the Act Street Disc with the Heavy Duty Pressure plate. There’s minimal chatter, but that’s b/c it’s still being broken in, and even that is all but gone.
There’s finally no exhaust leaks in my car at all. It is dead silent, I LOVE it.
The megan shifter though… has gotta go. After feeling Brian’s shifter (Bings), I have to say, the megan is a piece of scrap metal. I’m buying a B&M with the very first cent I get.

Overall Brian was awesome, very knowledgeable and skilled, and I learned so much from this. The car ran perfectly on the first start, we filled 'er up with some 94 octane to get her settled in (and pass emissions :D) and it’s now resting in my garage, ready to hit the road tommorow. The swap would’ve taken far less time if we weren’t driving around ALL day grabbing misc shit from canadian tire b/c I’m too stupid to get everything I need. And maybe his clutch wouldn’t have been as destroyed hahaha… He let me drive his car and I finally got to see what KA-T feels like. Oh god… I need it now. I’ve been so far in a stock KA, an SR with boltons at stock boost, his 8psi KA-T and a 13B-T and I have to say the KA-T wins hands down. It’s not even a contest at all.

Blah… gotta work early tommorow, and clean the garage as well as get my e-test, plate sticker and call for insurance. Overall, a very eventful weekend.

Brian (face) is a good guy!
He just swears a lot when he works…

Hahaha… oh man, you have no idea… we were both swearing quite a bit. Everything is always so odd on my car, he said it was the most messed up KA to KA he had ever done.

And I forgot to also review the motor mounts :smiley:
I got the Nismo ones from Bing, and they work well, my shifter no long jiggles all over the place. Good price too, give him a shout if you want some.

brian(face) is the man.
swear as in diu-la sing?

congrats on the swap dude.

BTW his real name is Face, so just call him that.
“Brian” is such a white boy ‘I race green Eclipses for respect’ kind of name

lol then call him BRI YUNG!

Haha, well he was doing an eclipse swap the day before :wink:

Argh… My car can’t be good for more than one day. My dad tried taking it to emissions and it started knocking like mad. He thinks one of my ball joints broke…

Doh :frowning:

Nice! that’s awesome, yeah face is a great guy, really helpful and he knows his shit. Btw, if you need to do an SR swap, let me know, thanks.

Okaaaay… stupidest thing ever. My lug nuts on one of the wheels was loose, and my dad couldn’t be bothered to check them and left me all day to freak out until I got home.
Time for e-test round #2 tommorow :smiley: