Wheel Balance - How often?

I am about to swap on the summer wheels. Do I need to get the balance checked again or is what i had from last season ok?

it should be fine.unless you bent a rim

:bloated:

Wheels are balanced with wheel weights. It’s not like those weights evaporate while your wheels are in storage. Balance your tires when you feel a wobble (that isn’t suspension/brake related), otherwise they’re fine.

Usually its every 6k or whenever you do a tire rotation… Sometimes weights fall off. but from last summer you dont need to unless you slammed a bunch of potholes

If it shakes do it, if it doesn’t don’t. Very simple procedure.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:5,topic:26888"”]

If it shakes do it, if it doesn’t don’t. Very simple procedure.

[/quote]

yep there is no set time just when they shake ballance them. keep in mind that if your car sat on a given set of tires all winter that there may be a vibration for a bit as the flatspot from sitting becomes round again.

what about an alignment?

[quote=“Locutus,post:7,topic:26888"”]

what about an alignment?

[/quote]

alignments are for fags :roll2:

shit like alignments and tire balancing is NICE, but gets pricey fast. I used to work at firestone and they sold lifetime balancing and lifetime alignments. Its not cheap to buy, but once you have it you can have your car done whenever. We suggested it every other oil change.

You might not notice a bad vibration, but im sure over 6k you’ve hit a few bumps and pot holes that can throw adjustments off.