wheel cleaning question...

not sure where to put this, im not on here much…

well i just put my ultraleggras on the tt for the summer, however the assclown that had the car before me loved tire shine, and i think it has “stained” the finish of the surface of the wheels…

anyone have a solution to remove this? i would apprechiate it!

pics?

are they pitted?

it’s probably brake dust ingrained in the wheel.

Centripetal acceleration would cause tire shine to move away from the wheel. No one puts tire shine directly on their wheels.

agreed.

put seriously, it def was/is tire shine. each spoke of the wheel had that “greasy” feeling that tire wet has. i hate that shit. i will take some pics tonight. whatever it is, it needs to come off.

you hate it but, when you clean your car I hate the way the wheels look when they are a off black/brownish color.

you mean wheels or tires?

Try brake cleaner.

You’re crazy.

X…

My favorite cleaner for wheels has come to be LA’s Totally Awesome Orange cleaner available at fine retailers such as Dollar Tree for the ultra low cost of $1.00 plus applicable state and local taxes.

Be sure to buy the concentrated formula. it rocks for cleaning wheels and other grimey areas without risking damaging anything.

This man knows hip-hop. That stuff is simply amazing!!

+1.

Just be sure not to breath in the fumes that come off. When that shit mixes with brake dust it turns into something awful.