best wheel cleaner?

what is the best stuff to use on wheels to get brake dust, and just crap off wheels?

have u tried cleaning them by hand already? if u have try claybar, always worked for me

ummm any wheel cleaner avail at any autoparts store…

i am particular to turtle wax, as its very foamy and sticks to teh wheels very good and doesnt seem to eat at the clearcoat like hotweels did…

Wheels wax the wheels is the best though if you do that first, you can use just soap and water to wash it

i use simplegreen and a little water with a soft sponge.

coors light. can not bottle.

[quote=“Viper966,post:3,topic:36998"”]

ummm any wheel cleaner avail at any autoparts store…

i am particular to turtle wax, as its very foamy and sticks to teh wheels very good and doesnt seem to eat at the clearcoat like hotweels did…

Wheels wax the wheels is the best though if you do that first, you can use just soap and water to wash it

[/quote]

Threadjack: Saw your car heading down Youngs south of Wherle last week. Definitely a head-turner. Very nice.

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:5,topic:36998"”]

coors light. can not bottle.

[/quote]

should i just rub the can on the wheel like a clay bar?

[quote=“Zer0DazE,post:7,topic:36998"”]

should i just rub the can on the wheel like a clay bar?

[/quote]

yes should work great

P21S gel is pretty good

[quote=“bracketracer,post:6,topic:36998"”]

Threadjack: Saw your car heading down Youngs south of Wherle last week. Definitely a head-turner. Very nice.

[/quote]

yea, i work @ ingram, so i am always in the area, we may be takling in teh spring about a clutch for my SMG trans… so try to make friends with somebody with access to a GT1 tool

[quote=“Maksim2000,post:9,topic:36998"”]

P21S gel is pretty good

[/quote]

This guy speaks the truth!

#000000 steel wool. Don’t listen to Jaeger.

x…

many of our friends believe piss works good for cleaning tires and wheels

eagle one car wash actually works pretty good with my wheels

[quote=“POOPRA,post:13,topic:36998"”]

many of our friends believe piss works good for cleaning tires and wheels

[/quote]

First thing I do when I see Hathaway’s Z is piss on a wheel. :lol:

This actually works really good

http://www.meguiars.com/?wheel-care/Hot-Rims-All-Wheel-Cleaner

marine clean… the stuff that you are supposed to use with por15 to clean the metal. it cleans wheels really good. i prolly wouldnt use full strength but partially diluted works really well.

Brian

If you keep your wheels waxed you should be able to wash them just like the rest of the car (dont use the same mitt/sponge though).

If they are dirty I would wash them with any of the previously mentioned cleaners and then clay bar them. (then wax/sealant)

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:15,topic:36998"”]

First thing I do when I see Hathaway’s Z is piss on a wheel. :lol:

[/quote]

You won’t do it. :poke:

x…

[quote=“Xander,post:19,topic:36998"”]

You won’t do it. :poke:

x…

[/quote]

Sure I will.

AND, if anyone should do it its you. He pissed on your WRX when it lost to a VW and he pissed all over your bathroom. I’ll take the driver’s side, you get the passenger side?