best wheel cleaner?

[quote=“Jagermeister,post:20,topic:36998"”]

Sure I will.

AND, if anyone should do it its you. He pissed on your WRX when it lost to a VW and he pissed all over your bathroom. I’ll take the driver’s side, you get the passenger side?

[/quote]

I did hose down the Focus doorhandles before he go in it (with it running), but sure. Jeller get’s the trunklid for the win.

x…

[quote=“corvettecrazy,post:18,topic:36998"”]

If you keep your wheels waxed you should be able to wash them just like the rest of the car (dont use the same mitt/sponge though).

If they are dirty I would wash them with any of the previously mentioned cleaners and then clay bar them. (then wax/sealant)

[/quote]

some wax will collect more break dust

i tried the beer can thing. it didnt work so well. so i drank them and then threw the empties at the wheels. it worked much better that way

I’ve tried a bunch of types as I’m running all kinds of brake pads from hawk HPS to HT10 and cleaning often is a must if you want the wheels to stay clean.

at this point I’m using wheel wax and autozone generic acidic wheel cleaner. the wax appear to stop the dust from getting to the metal, but I still need the wheel cleaner plus a rag to buff a little or the dust won’t come off.

i just wash my wheels with the car wash soap and another woll mitt. Then use some ice polish. The wheels still get dirty after about 3 stops though :slight_smile:

[quote=“justa4door,post:22,topic:36998"”]

some wax will collect more break dust

[/quote]

Possible, but any good wax will make it easier to wash off than no wax at all. I personally would rather live with them getting dirty a bit faster and having them easier to clean.

I use “No More Dust” it works awesome, if I don’t see that I use “Meguiars Hot Wheelz”

http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6973929.JPG

Awesome spray, you can get it at the dollar store, hands down the best cleaner for anything. works amazing on wheels and brake dust.

blue coral wheel cleaner and if its super bad that wont come off use oven cleaner

[quote=“Rx3,post:28,topic:36998"”]

http://images.orgill.com/200x200/6973929.JPG

[/quote]

+1 For the green although I usually water it way down when I do wheels.

[quote=“layzie,post:29,topic:36998"”]

Awesome spray, you can get it at the dollar store, hands down the best cleaner for anything. works amazing on wheels and brake dust.

[/quote]

i have a couple gallons of that stuff in the garage… i wasn’t sure if i should use it on wheels though. that shit is amazing. you should see what it does to carbon and sludge build up.