Tips on cleaning wheels

Putting the summer tires/wheels on so I figured I’d clean them up. Any tips on removing tar? I don’t mind using some elbow grease but I think I could spend days on this with a rag and bug & tar remover.

Any better way or better product? They’re painted with a clear coat.

lacuar thinner

x2

Chosen method:

• end of a highlighter to scrape off chips/tar from inside of wheels
  • wipe down with a lot of bug & tar remover (or lacquer thinner)
  • use finger nail to scrape every little tar spot
  • rub with remover even more
  • leave tar under nails until I’m bored at work, then use mechanical pencil to remove from under nails :smiley:

I clean my wheels the same I way I do the rest of the car…clay does a pretty good job of getting all of the grime/tar/brake dust off. If that doesn’t work, then you might want to try a bug/tar remover or a fine cut rubbing compound. I then use Einszett Metallic or Paint Polish and top it off with a coat of Klasse All In One and Sealant Glaze. Klasse is acrylic so lasts a very long time…9-12 months. After all that, the wheels are so much easier to keep clean…the dirt and brake dust washes off easily with soap/water.

http://www.deckowski.com/wax%20off/Klasse_022.jpg

New Wave… but i dont think you can get it in stores, only detailing places… i might be able to get you some, it made my GF’s pitted chrome cavy wheels look brand new again

kero takes the tar right off!!!

use gojo

i need to clean my wheels one day… they are terrible from the previous owner so its going to be a good 8 hours in cleaning… my main method is using dish soap and a rag… just alot of elbow grease it will get them all purdy again

i have used WD 40 to get tar off