Wheel Offset Question

So I’m about to buy new wheels.
I have a choice between a 17x8 et45 and 17x8 et35.
The stock wheels on my car are 16x6.5 et53.

I’m leaning towards the 45 because it’s closer to stock but will the 35 be detrimental to my suspension components and/or performance? I just replaced a wheel bearing and I don’t feel like doing it again. I don’t care about looks btw.

Thanks in advance!

vvvvv Refer to sig vvvvvvv

If you don’t care about looks, go with the 45. But the 35’s will look way better, but you may need to roll your fenders if not more depending on your tire size.

I don’t know much about Subaru fitments, no idea what you can stuff under the fenders without mods.

the 35’s will DEFINITELY require you to roll the fenders. no if’s, and’s, or but’s. id go +45 and call it a day.

I thought you were getting some baller Advans or something?

Didn’t pan out?

Rolling the fenders is no biggie. I’m going to be running a little camber too. I’m worried about the actual suspension components and if my performance will be compromised.

The deal on the baller Advan’s would’ve been sweet but if I damaged one it would be $$$$$$.
An RPF1 in the size I’m getting is only like $230.

35’s are going to be really wide, you may have to pull the fenders on top of rolling them. I wouldnt run too much camber, you’ll wear the insides like a sonofabitch

Wheel offsets are not going to compromise anything performance or suspension related.

do NOT run excessive camber on a subaru!!! subarus are KNOWN for horrific wheel bearings and more camber will only add to the side load on the bearing.

Chill broski. I’m only going to be running like 1-1.4 in the back. :lol

Actually most of the wear that happens on the inner side of the tire with vehicles with camber that is lower than stock is from a whacked out toe angle, in addition to the camber, of course.

For example, you can run -2.5* camber with zero toe and youll barely notice the inner portion of the tire wearing faster, only if you NEED that much negative camber, of course.

+35
http://i44.tinypic.com/ic0ow5.jpg

yeah you should do that.

This thread is Vot worthy. :facepalm

dude it’s the same thing as you running 10mm spacers on your et4x SSR’s

just admit it dude you’re a ricer too, now go to rides and styling and repeat

‘nice car but you should get clears’

:rofl Nice car, but you should get a Reiger Cup splitter for the CRAZY ONE TIME ONLY PRICE OF $100! HOLY SHIT!

you just said $50 for SSR’s, rieger, and LTW wing.

wtf man

:shifty

You are getting a negative iTrader right now.

HA! you WISH you were on bf.c right now

oh shit its back up lol