When was your last accident?

This could be a good topic. I was thinking about the kids/texting thread and how damn easy it really is to drive a car when it boils down to it. One pedal make the car move, other slows it down and stops it. Wheel turns it. Press one pedal to go head towards point B, use the wheel to keep yourself doing that direction, and use the other pedal to stop when you get there. WTF, how hard is that!

So when was your last accident? And WTF happened?

My last accident was 7 years or so ago on the thruway at 11PM and some old clunker Explorer’s spare tire wire rusted off and dropped the wheel and tire, 8 other cars hit it, or themselves, or the guardrail trying to avoid it, and I was the last one to cream it and pin it under the car. It was like Nascar with bits and pieces everywhere, and nowhere to go so i had to hit it. Caused $8K in damage to the car too!

So what did you wreck?

Totaled my GTI 6 years ago. Rearended a lady like a :skid. Following too closely and being young and dumb… Learned my lesson when I no longer had a car I loved.

About 4 years ago was crusing down altamont ave in rotterdam was dark and raining. someone stopped in the driving lane to turn into Taco Bell instead of getting in the turning lane so i whipped around them thinking no one was in front of them WRONG. was going about 40 locked up the brakes ripped the ebrake and rear ended the kid in front of me at about 15mph in my 94 Saab.(NO DAMAGE) Kid doesnt get out of the car but instead drives into the rite aid on the corner and get out looks at his car and mine and askes if i was related to Nina (My cousin, we were both i guess at her party the previous weekend) said yes he “replyed ok no big deal.” you can go i stood around making sure for about 10 minutes then left. when he said if i change my mined ill get you info from your aunt. :rofl

About 8 yrs ago backing out of the hannaford parking lot when some dumb old Chinese lady started backing out after me across the aisle and I tapped her. Insurance company blamed me because I made the contact even though I was backing out first. She tried to tell my insurance company the “crash” injured her neck too.

My last 2 accident involves my car being ran into by people when it was parked and I am not even talking about like a dent, I mean real damages.

Think about that next time when you are on the highway and that 60% of those people don’t even have the capability to maneuver around stationary objects at parking lot speeds…:rofl

My last accident was a series of accidents that made for a REALLY rough month… lol.

1. Driving my Rx7 South on 87 trying to get my wife to the train station (was going to school in Buffalo). A mercedes got over right in front of me, clipped my front end on her way over. In the mix, I slammed on the brakes causing all 4 tires to lock up and put me into a spin. Did about 3 360’s down 87 but somehow managed to keep it in my lane. Almost regained control but caught the rumble strips which acted like a lasso and pulled me into the guide rail. The Mercedes took off and there wasn’t enough proof that she caused the accident so it was labeled as my fault.

2. 2 days later I was using my dad’s old 92 blazer for getting to / from school and work. This rusted out junker ended up getting stolen from the UAlbany parking lot.

3. About a week after the blazer was stolen, it was found in ok shape minus the wheels / tires missing (radio was still in it…). Fixed the blazer to get it back on the road. Not 2 days after getting it back on the road I was heading up Rt.155 in latham and someone decided to just turn left by the Firestone near rt 9 and I ended up creaming his front end. He took off but some crazy lady in a minivan chased him down and got his plate number. Cops showed up to his house and he tried denying it, but the coolant, oil, trans fluid, etc running down the kids parents’ driveway kinda gave him away. Cops told him to open the garage and they said that smoke just poured out. They still how no idea how he made it home because the car was completely totaled. They said that the engine was almost pushing through the firewall… lol. Either way, the blazer was once again totaled.

So all in all, I totaled 3 cars (2 of which being the same car) in less than a month’s time. And my insurance never once went up. And that is why I LOVE state farm… lol.

Bike accident last November. see the moto forum for the story

Car accident, 2005?. in my Matrix. ran wide on the downhill turn at Lime Rock, spun out and jumped the inside berm that used to be wear the new pit road entrance is now. :lol

Kenny I remember that crazyness lol. My last accident was when the steering wheel came off the mr2 landing me in the grass on the wrong side of the road. It was after a moon dyno day a few years ago and the only damage was a broken front lip that got zip tied together and a cracked headlight that is prob still on the car today.

That happened to my go kart when I was 12 (funny part is the gas pedal also got stuck at the same time) but jesus Id shit bricks if it happend while I was driving

I’ve slid off into some grass and a small ditch in hs in old e36, but the only time there was any damage was last year when my car was hit and run in my apartment complex parking lot. Came out to this (let’s post pics with these and make it more interesting)

pretty fucked for a little parking lot fender bender

got rear ended last week.

Last accident I was in was when a semi-truck t-boned me after running a red light in one of the snow storms at the corner of Fuller and Washington Ave Ext. two winters ago. Progressive is still trying to get ahold of the guy and his insurance company to get my deductible back lol.

last august i took blame on a accident for my gf dhe came around a corner to fast on midline here in bp. the roads were still a little wet and the ass came out on it spun hit about 5 trees bent the ass of the car up completly totaled.

me last real accident was turning on to rt20 from cherryvalley a guy left a stop sign with his head down and t-boned my dakota

Every time I’ve ever been in an accident my car has been parked and I haven’t even been in it.

My most recent accident was at a construction site in Bethlehem when my car was parked in a gravel parking lot next to the job trailer and an operator was running a front end loader extremely close to my car with HDPE Pipe being carried in the bucket. Suffice to say, the pipe wobbled, he lost control of it in the bucket and a stick of pipe smashed into my passenger side door causing around 2k in damage. Contractors insurance picked up the cost of damage and rental while the car was being fixed. Ended up making a few bucks once it was all said and done.

I pooped in my pants last week.

About 9 years ago my best friend had a galant w/ body kit, graphics etc… This was just after fast and furious came out. Hit a tree straight on doing 60 mph. Ended up in the hospital but we were ok. The galant however was totaled.

gambled on a fart in bed this morning actually. Had to get up and wipe fucking pissed me off

POST THE PIC! LOL :rofl

The turn just before the BP town building that’s fenced in (if your heading to amsterdam its on the right after the sharp bend) on that 90 deg turn? I remember seeing a car stuffed in the trees there and said to my self they were hauling ass and over corrected hardcore.

:rofl

the only accident i have had(knock on wood) was 3 years ago in a honda hatch i was going down rt50 in burnt hills following a ford pick up who was following a beer truck well the beer truck stopped to turn left into a bar and the truck stoped pretty short by the time i realised he was stopped i was to close to stop without hitting him so i slamed on the breaks they locked up so i cut the wheels to the right relesed the breaks to get the car to turn then got back on them when i was pointed off the road pulled the ebrake and slid to a safe spot off the edge of the road got out nothing broke but turned around to find five cars smashed into each other i whent up to check on everybody no injuries then found out the 5th car in line pilled into the other guys said he was busy waching me go off the road and didnt see the cars had stoped long story short i sat in ditch for 2 hours for a tow truck and got a ticket for driving on the shoulder:banghead

That day was epic…here is a pic while we waited in Jim P’s SRT4 for someone to pick up the car LOL

What makes that day in Lake Placid better, is here is a picture taken when we got off the northway and were messing around waiting for a few others. Yup that is Elliots steering wheel in the picture, I cant remember if I took this actual pic or if it was someone else…

http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5654/23770125084003725714171.jpg