When was your last accident?

I work for one of the more well known Civil Engineering firms in the Capital Region. I’ve worked on projects with tons of contractors who do alot of pipe work, August Bohl Contracting, Rifenburg, Kubricky, DA Collins, etc.

One time my car was parked at a store and an 18 wheel scuffed his tire against my rear bumper. I buffed the rubber mark off but their insurance still sent me a check for $950.:smiley:

It was great because the cops called me and said my car had been hit and to come to the store asap to get the police report. I was like oh shizzzzz and shit my pants expecting the worst, then when I got there it took like 5 mins to find the damage:rofl

I got sideswiped by a semi truck heading into the tolls on i90 2 or 3 years ago. I had my black accord at the time. He drug his front bumper down my rear quarter panel putting some dents in it and the rear door. He then promptly took off. I gave chase getting on the phone with dumpy 911. Troopers told me to pull over and i said fuck off. Got the information from the side of the truck and pulled over to wait for the five-o. Whilst waiting i googled the company and called dispatch. Tricked the dispatcher into giving me the drivers name. Cops do fucking nothing as expected but I did get an accident report and the trooper said to call him alter if i got more info. I got home and googled the guy and found his face book and home address and phone number. Called his house and talked to his wife. I told her i was NYSP and that he was involved in a hit and run and that we would need a good contact. Stupid bitch gave me his cell which i promptly called. He’s all “I didn’t hit you you hit me blah blah blah” and I’m all " Hey man i’m really sorry and i know you use your truck for you living so please give me your info and i’ll see that my insurance pays for all the damages." He does, and i call trooper back and give him the guys info. Then called HIS insurance and filed a claim. Check in the mail 2 weeks later and i think my friend request on FB to the truck driver is still pending. GOTYOUGOODYOUFUCKER!!!

detective wayne up in the house

In November 2008 my second GTP got totaled by a newer durango while I was sitting in grid lock traffic on 787. The truck hit doing 50+mph. No injuries. The guy was pissed when the tow truck showed up. His opinion was my car was driveable with the rear tires cut by the torn sheet metal and both my tail lights punched into the back seat. The trooper was just like “uhh no”.

Last “accident” I was in, well I guess two of them, was about a year ago. Same day… I had driven down to NYC with my buddy in my civic. We met up with my friend who happened to be driving his 75k Porsche. He was supposed to be leading me to wherever we were going but he was booking it on the highway. I was somewhat keeping up but I came over a slight hill and left turn to see him slamming on his breaks. I slammed on mine, lots of traffic so I couldn’t swerve and my brakes locked up. Smoke and squealing everywhere and I literally came within 2 inches of slamming into the back of his Porsche. I thought i was safe when I get jolted from behind. Some big white van slammed into me from behind, and don’t ask me how but there was no damage at all. Literally an hour or two later i’m sitting in traffic in the city and out of nowhere this taxi decides to gun it into my back bump again. I had been stopped for a good 15 seconds… I look back at him with that “really???” face and get out to look at my car. No damage again. Worst best driving day ever.

was i around for that steve??? i dont remember it at all.

Holy shit awesome! Would read again lol.

No that was back in the day

:wow. Talk about owning someone.

Sorry, I had to chuckle at your last sentence.

Just got rear ended again on 4/27. Got an initial check of 833.26 yesterday, and was told to have a body shop who handles cut away body repairs write up an estimate because geico has no way to determine repair costs on non factory bodies. Geico told me they will cut another check to cover what the estimate is. Fixing myself for about $200 and calling it a day.