Where do you take your used oil?

X2

take it to valvoline u can keep your container

I just leave the jugs outside the walmart tire lube place. Thats where the guys tell me to leave it.

Why do you want to keep the jugs?

I have even poured oil into laundry soap jugs in a pinch to return it.

I go to advance auto. I don’t even ask anymore, they know me, I just walk in back and dump.

Are there any compact heaters that run off that stuff? that would be a good investment in my case since my garage is so damn cold.

I have a friend with a waste oil furnace so I give it all to him.

I try to keep jugs but it isn’t a big deal for me as I keep all my washer solvent jugs for that purpose.

Village of Hamburg picks it up with the trash FYI. They give you a wide-mouth jug, and you put it out with the trash cans, and they give you an empty one. Sometimes they don’t leave a jug and I put my oil in a washer fluid or coolant jug, they still take it.

I will be stopping by.

dump it in the sewer and then swear at it.

thats what all the cool kids do

Any repair shop doing more than 500 gallons a year in oil changes, or dealership doing more than 1,000 gallons a year is required by NYS to take it.

Basically go to ANY shop and ask them where you can dump the oil.

[edit] retail establishments, not dealer ships (can’t remember everything in my aging years)[/edit]

depends…whenever i change mine i let the old stuff drain into a big tin pan, then just put the old oil in the containers that the new stuff came out off…and toss it in the garbage with everything else…kinda shady but oh well…

either that, or we have a neighbor with a heater that can use it…sometimes when i think of it i’ll give it to him.

i’m losing my shit over walter’s sig. what’s this thread about again?

delta sonic should be able to just dump it in their oil drain bins and you could keep the containers

I take mine to the local boneyard down the road, I just keep it in milk/gatorade gallon containers.

If you’re somewhere near the Southeast corner of the airport, feel free to bring it to my place.

i’ve always gone to any place that does oil changes and dumped it… never had them ask to keep the container ?

:tup: That’s not too far from my place, and certainly more convenient than hitting up multiple auto parts stores.

If I trusted it I’d filter it and run it in my truck… but I don’t. :stuck_out_tongue:

There can’t be any coolant or anything in it or my injectors blow. SOrry.

Sometimes I’ll just leave it at the door if it’s late and the shops closed.

They’ve gotta take it anyways.