Where does everyone get rid of their used oil?

Garage is starting to collect a fair amount time to ditch it.

Advanced auto 5 Gal at a time Unless you can find someone who burns it in their shop.

I wait until I have about 15-20 then put it up for free on Craigslist. Usually no problem getting someone to come take it for free.

I take it to work. NOCO pays us to take it.

my dad lives in the town of tonawanda - you can throw anything out there mondays - i just wait till i get a bunch, and take it to his house - they always take coolant and oil if you put it next to the garbage bins and not in them.

I have about eight 5-gal I need to get rid of also.

A lot of auto shops still have oil burners in them, those that don’t still often take it and sell it to those that do.

All you suckers taking it somewhere. :slight_smile:

Stick it on CL, tell the person there’s a chance you might have to run to the hardware store since you’re doing some project, but if you’re not home the oil will be sitting there free to take. I never say I’ll be at work because I don’t want some CL person to think they have all day to break into my house. Keep them guessing that you might be home any minute.

I think my last batch might have gone to someone here on NYSpeed actually.

EDIT: Yep:

http://www.nyspeed.com/showthread.php?281684-Used-oil&highlight=oil

You want @Shifty and I to give you some lol

I mix it with a lil gas and use it for lighting bonfires

New plan I know your address I will just leave it there then post the ad :lol:

Bring it to me, I’ll take it for my friend’s heater.

^ This is what I did before I moved to the suburbs.

I usually huck mine over the fence into turbo civs back yard.

Buddy’s shop has a burner. I take it to him. Last winter was the first time he ran low cause of the cold temps.

My dad lives in Tonawanda (town).

Last I knew they will take it curbside if you put it in a clean container and mark it as used oil.

Down here, I use cat litter buckets to store used oil. I take it to the parts store or walmart for recycling once the bucket gets full.

Most quick lubes.

People do their own oil changes? :mamoru:

I pick it up if its a decent amount and not to out of the way.

No idea. BMW never gave me my oil back after an oil change.