Where do you take your used oil?

I am at the point again where I would like to get rid of some of my used oil. I know pretty much any shop can take it but it has become a hassle for me because I like to keep the containers I store it in. Most places that I have went to just want you to drop it off and keep your containers. Anyone else have this problem?

ehhh I go to autozone…or usually do at least…but I take my 5 gallon (or whatever) oil catch so I don’t know. But usually they have me pour it in anyways so just ask.

fire pit

^ that makes for an awesome time.

autozone, that way I can keep my container

good question, i was wondering the same…

i have about ten 2 gallon milk cartons filled of oil. Will autozone take those?

WS Town Highway Department has a big tanks sitting outside for dumping old oil etc

Really? Do they allow non-WS residents to use it? My problem is I wait too damn long and end up with a ton of it to get rid of. Right now I probably have 15 gallons in 1 gallon jugs and most places won’t take more than 5 gallons.

Last time I got rid of it I had at least 20 and ended up going to 4 different auto parts places to get rid of it all.

autozone

I believe its for WS residents only, but there is no one there, they have seperate tanks for oil and coolant etc, just pull up and dump it in

they dont check for where you’re from. its just 2 big containers sitting in their parking lot along the fence by the fuel pumps.

I wish Autozone would keep my containers, especially when I use the old windshield washer fluid jugs. Spence, go there, they will make you take the containers back. I have since bought 2 nice re-usable ones so I don’t always have to save the windshield ones, just throw them in the recycling bin.

they keep mine…i jsut leave them at the counter…of course my friend is the manager

Where is this place located. I have some oil that i need to get rid of

I give it to a guy i work with, he heats his garage with an oil burner.
Find someone with an oil furnace, they will love you.

the dealership i worked at donated to a place like that…they looooooooved us

Will those burn heavier stuff like gear oil? My oil is often a mixture of lower unit gear oil from the boat, transfer case oil from the truck and diff oil from the car and lots of motor oil. I am good about not mixing in antifreeze or anything like that though.

If you call pretty much any shop in the southtowns they are going to use an oil burner to heat their shops and will take it.

I usually dump in in our burn pile and pour some gas on it to get it going…usually burns right up

Advanced Auto Parts is where you wanna go.