Where To Buy CLAY for Clay Bar Detailing???

Im getting sick of having to buy the spray detailer and getting a small bottle of wax every fuckin time Ineed a clay bar. Does anyone have a hook up for JUST getting the clay bar??
Thanks in advance!

its like 15 bucks for the bar and spray(lube)…unless u keep dropping them in gravel…how are you using up claybars faster than u are the spray?

http://www.claymagic.net/

PS: You gotta have lube or else you’ll ruin your paint.

Its $17.01 for a single clay bar shipped…

Just stock up on the lube like i do… Its easier that way, try and not drop them…

Damn! $17 is what I spend on the (claybar, spray detailer, and wax) I go through the spray detailer (lube as u guys call it…lol) pretty quick too. I just wanted to buy the clay by itself…I have 3 bottles of wax cleaner crap that I dont even use. The spray det. I use…for the record. :wink:

How often are you claying your car? It should be a once a year thing, maybe twice if you’re real anal about your paint.

He has a grand prix… He probably clays and porter cables it every week like my friend does… :confused:

Have fun re-clear coating your car in a year then.

Not sure it has clear… My friends 00 grand am sure dosent look like it does…

Not really. Whenever the paint feels dirty is the better yardstick. This could be once, twice or three times a year depending on what conditions the paint had to endure. Clay barring isn’t as abrassive as polishing if done correctly. Polishing isn’t necessary after claying if it was clayed correctly. I would agree that polishing should be kept to a minimum due to paint thickness issues. Most people need to learn how to wash a car before learning how to polish. Swirls really are caused by dirty sponges, mits, polyester towels, chamois, ect.

There are no “absolutes” in detailing. If my paint feels gritty, but it’s free of scratches and swirls (which it usually is, because I know how to wash a car), then I clay bar, cleaner (like Klasse AIO) then wax. :slight_smile:

To make a clay lube you can put a drop of car wash detergent in a spray bottle full of water. I’ve had problems with streaking when using this, causing me to rewash. I’ve also used the hose method, but I don’t really like that. I don’t think it’s as effective.

Actually, I remember when I had a smeary mess using detergent. My paint still beaded up as though it had wax on it, leading me to believe that clay bar doesn’t remove wax too well, which means it doesn’t remove clearcoat very well. Phew.

Oh and Claymagic Blue Bar, please. The other crap is, well, crap.

Cory, somewhat off topic…
I took your advice and picked up a microfiber waffle weave for drying and wow, it really is as good as you said.
:tup:

And my re-clearing comment was about him using the portercable once a week.

clay bar is baller!

pepboys has them…$15ish

waffle weaves are great. I’m happy you like it.

ahhh. I hope he’s using unsalted butter if that’s the case… :bloated:

He has a grand prix… He probably clays and porter cables it every week like my friend does… :confused:

No, I would just like it to look nice as well as go fast. :wink: funny comment though. :rolleyes:

How often are you claying your car? It should be a once a year thing, maybe twice if you’re real anal about your paint

I clay bar my car maybe at max 2 times a year. I dont know why you guys are ass-uming Im doing it everyday. All I posted was, that I was looking for the clay and not the whole package. Fuck, I wash my car maybe 4 times a summer…pricks:2fingers: :eekdance:

everyone knows play-doh works better than claybar:roll2:

Hey man… I dont care how often you clean your car… I have a silver car, so i wash it every two or three weeks and thats about it… I waxed it twice since i got it, and did one claybar…

Well, u made the comment like as if I clean my car as much as ur friend, assuming I think my car is the greatest…just dishin it back out. :wink:

sigh nobody on this forum knows me…

Aucutally i was saying that my friend is a retard for porter cableing his car every week… I guess it was worded wrong tho… And you should like your car…