Where to dispose of random garbage?

Various house and garage projects have left me with a little collection of shit that I want to get rid of. I’ve already been fined by the city of Buffalo for disposing of household materials, so I’m looking for a place where I can safely/legally dispose of:

*tires
*tires on wheels
*empty paint cans
*5 gallon plastic buckets
*cardboard (I have a huge pile from an Ikea kitchen remodel)
*1/8" paneling
*drywall scrap

My back up plan is to use the bulk trash facility, but am curious to hear what others have done in similar situations.

Just karters house :tup:

Tires on wheels is like radioactive waste, nobody will take it. The city of Buffalo won’t take that other stuff?!?!
E.A. has a couple times a year when they take tires and car batteries.
You could dump it on the back roads surrounding Springville, that seems to be common.lol
Do you know any business owners in Buffalo that may have a dumpster?

drive around the town of tonawanda and drop the stuff off in peoples garbage cans on garbage day. The town takes anything, well minus the tires lol

Just go to the Transfer Station. I ahve dumped TONS of shit there for free.

I could probably put the paint cans in the 5 gallon buckets, and then put those into big black trash bags. I could cut up all the cardboard into small sections so the recycle guys will take it. All the other stuff is too big to fit into the dumpster. Unfortunately, I missed our last bulk trash pick up day (2 per year in Buffalo).

Where’s this transfer station? You’re not talking about the place on North Ogden are you? If so I’ve reached my 2000lb limit there for the 2010 calendar year, so if I go back I will either be charged, or I have to wait until 2011.

Believe it or not, people will take tires on rims. They cut the tires off and do god knows what, and scrap the wheels. Craigslist free section, curb alert FTW. If the rims are usable, even better. I got rid of 40 junk tires (no rims) by posting them in the free section, and offering $2 each for someone to haul them away. I packed them all into the bed of some guys truck and paid him, well worth it to get rid of all those muddy water-filled things. There’s probably someone out there willing to take everything for a little cash. I’ve been battling with my garbage men all year to get rid of all the shit that was left here when I bought the place, I feel your pain.

People drive around west seneca all day long looking for anything metal to scrap.

I just put some old flashing out to the curb yesterday, it probably weighed no more than 4-5 pounds, they grabbed it in an hour.

Cut the tires off with a sawzall, and pay to have the tires disposed of, I think it is 2 dollars each.

At North Tonawanda town/department on Wheatfield road charge some money for dumping tires maybe other stuffs too.

It’s like $55 per TON at the Odgen St. transfer station. You can’t have that much.

$44 per ton;) Like I said in my original post, this is my back up plan. I was also interested in hearing where others have gone as this is only an option for city of Buffalo residents.

In this instance I’d be able to rid it all at the transfer station…but in the future if it’s a few items here and there that place can be a hassle (M-F hours are rough, weekends can get crowded).

In the same manner that we can drop off used oil to an auto parts store, I was hoping to hear of other places/businesses that accept trash that can’t be thrown out at my curb.

recycle the cardboard. Im no real help on the rest. I work on sugar and ppl are constantly dumping crap along the cemetary. Im going to start dumping stuff at my job as we have 2 huge dumpsters. I might just pay the 44 bucks and go to city place and dump it all at once and be done with it

---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

FYI

http://www.moderncorporation.com/services_transfer_stations.php

I dunno if you looked it but but its free once a year to dump 2 tons of junk.

is the cardboard useable for painting parts and stuff on? if so pm me ill swing by on a dry day and pick it up.

Depending on how many 5 gallon buckets you have and if they’re clean I will take them. Also, if 95Dimne doesnt want the cardboard I’ll take it.

Oh yeah. Will send ya a pm :tup:

Will take a look tonight at what I’ve got.

I found a guy at work to take the tires and wheels:) Planning on heading to the transfer station this Saturuday morning to get rid of all the rest. Also, found out I CAN throw out paint buckets…for some reason I always thought that was a no-no.

City of Buffalo has a tire dropoff day, and you have bulk trash for your district

Heres the schedule

http://www.city-buffalo.com/files/1_2_1/city_departments/public_works_and_streets/2010_Bulk_Trash_Schedule.pdf

Looks like you will have to wait till spring

^ Yep, hence the need to unload more shit. I missed this last bulk trash day unfortunately…but def got good use out of the spring pick up. 12’x3’x3’ area near the curb is what you’re allowed, and I used every square inch of that.

you do know you can also sit out 2 big pieces per week. Not that it applies to the items above

ill scrap the tires for you

find someone with a dump trailor, u can throw all those things out at WM/BFI besides tires/rims