Where to get 100+ Octane in WNY?

250 shot here i come :slight_smile:

I wouldnt fuck with higher octane gas until is tuned for it

Why?

+1 for Innovative, the price of regular gas goes up but innovatives price stas the same, also that is unleaded gas as well.

im sure - i put a few gallons in onceā€¦thought it said leadedā€¦leftā€¦thought about itā€¦came backā€¦its leaded.

Putting higher octane gas in an engine that isnt tuned for the differences in timing, or doesnt have higher compression, or isnt boosted, is a complete waste of time. You might see a 1hp gain, but that could just be attributed to someone setting a cup of coffee next to the dyno computer. Itā€™s a waste of time on most cars. Iā€™m probably going to pick up a 55gallon drum of toulene or xylene.

I thought 98teg meant it would hurt your car.
When I run higher octane I turn up the boost.:smiley:

Well hopefully Mike will have some 112 octane back in stock soon! :slight_smile:

Now that I think about it, my car was hard starting when I ran the 100 octane from Delta Sonic. Thanks for the info!

Is he running the 100 oct chip program? If heā€™s not their was no point in doing thatā€¦

how much one of those drums cost mike i might have to get one when i turn the boost up and run the vitesse race settings

Yep! 06 A4, just got it done at ECS last week.

:tup:

see, ive always assumed i would get the best power form 93. in the brochure that have, it sasy that the 98 R/T is rated at 250 hp at the flywheel and then it has a note that says all ratings are based on premium fuel. so i always assumed that if i wanted to get the best performance, i had to use the best fuel. i am going to see what the manual reocmends though.

Iā€™m not 100% on the cost. I have a friend who said he might be able to hook me up (father is in the chemical business and I know they have alot of it). If youā€™re seriously interested shoot me a PM and Iā€™ll try and get us a group price :wink:

i use 89 and my car sincei have the ocassional spudder hant come back

octane has NOTHING to do with power. it is a rating of how much energy there is needed to ignite the fuel. once ignited it will burn just the same and release just as much energy. so unless you have very high compression, advanced timing, high intake temperatures (ie: caused by forced induction) you dont need it. just for reference my bike has 11.4:1 compression and it was designed and does run perfectly fine on 87 octane.

Not sure if youā€™re talking to me or just in general, but the bolded and underlined is why I need it. :slight_smile:

iā€™m just talking in general.

http://www.ubrf.org/forums/showthread.php?t=58704&highlight=sunoco

I finally found the thread.