Where to Mud?

Does anyone know of any places in or near the 518 that you can go offroad/mudding in trucks/suvs. Places that you dont have to pay for and wont get the cops called on you?

+1. I just finished my new TJ build.

Temple ln
East greenbush ny

To the locals it’s known as manix road. Follow it all the way till it turns to dirt and just keep going, and get real dirty.

FYI. I don’t know if it has changed, but Temple ln WILL get the cops called on you. That was the first place I almost rolled my jeep… and completely filled the interior of my Jeep with thick ass mud. Came out to a few cops waiting at the pavement. They ended up letting me off but told me it would be towed if I was ever caught back there again.
Granted, this was a few years ago when I had my Jeep so who knows if it has changed.

As far as I know, there are NO legal trails in the area. If you are interested in real offroading, join adirondackjeeps.com. The do quite a few rides every year. A real good bunch of guys.

I did not know that, damn we use to have a blast back there. Granted the last time I was back there was almost 10 years ago.

Yea, I went back right towards the end when they started cracking down. I’m not even sure if its there anymore. I know when I went back they seemed like they were starting to level it and there were some construction vehicles back there.

I thought I had some pictures of the actual trip, but they are probably on my external. But here is the aftermatch (don’t mind the picture… it was for a work promotion thing)

Crazybrew can verify just how much mud was in it… I think he dad still hates me for the 3"+ layer of clay I left in his driveway… lol. Ended up just drilling 1/2" holes throughout the floor pan, rinsed through the the hose, and let it drain.

And here is my baby’s last voyage in my possession:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/Jeep%20Pics/rollover.jpg

And for the shear laughter factor:
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/Jeep%20Pics/op2045.gif

Yea, it was a bad day. I had no ebrake (ford rear axle) and with it upside down the linkage was screwed up and I couldn’t get it out of neutral. So as soon as it got back on all 4’s it just went right back in the ravine. Luckily it just rolled down so we were able to pull it right back out.

And that is exactly why you use proper recovery techniques and don’t try to do it all in a hurry because someone failed to mention that they were on the land illegally when I agreed to help him out (won’t mention any names… lmao).

I know they were redoing some high tension power lines not to long ago that ran through that area. But who knows. The last time I was back there I was with a buddy of mine in his Suzuki samurai with a 2.8 from a camaro in it that he fabbed up some headers for with square stock. That little truck was unstoppable back there. I’m sure the 33s he had on it helped. Yeas 33s on a samurai.

I don’t know… I had some 35’s on her at the time and still ended up going hood under into a rut. Stupidly I was along (nobody at all with me and no winch at the time) so I ended up just going for it and praying I made it out. Ended up out of that one and right back into another one almost just as deep. Someone had to have had 44’s+ to leave ruts that deep.

That could have been him with his Chevy with he 48s on it that he couldn’t keep a front axel in. Every time he brought it back there he’d snap something in his front diff. I’ve also seen an old school diesel hummer with a snorkel get buried up to the base of the windshield in some thick ass mud. It was also the cause of one of my buddies front axel failures.

behind hanaford on rt 50. its not great, but its ok.

theres a park of some sort up in Fonda but Ive never been there and dont know the details. I saw something about it in a magazine a long time ago.

Theres gotta be some places up in the hills around Berne/Westerlo where all the good old boys are. I always see 4x4’s being posted by the same guy on Craigslist from Westerlo so maybe email him?

lmao i totally forgot bout it rolling back in!! at least we never got caught :rofl i didnt know we were illegal there until that day

thats the mountain mafia offroad club, i doubt they will let a random person up there to offroad, its a group full of chodes

I just do donuts in state park parking lots of mud, and drive off feeling super tuff. lol

WINNING

One of those guys is the one who ended up buying my Jeep. he bought it for a wheeler for his g/f and I was seeing it in a lot of their pics/vids, but haven’t seen much lately. I’m not sure I want to know what was done with it… :sad:

And I was just busting balls about being there illegally. Shit happens and we weren’t arrested so it was on ok day… lol

yeah i remember seeing it up at trailrex, i think i posted pictures on here, some girl had it, it had purple writing on it.

Lol i know its alright, still cant believe how i got away with the whole situation, was pretty hairy at the next recovery mission as well

ya gotta know people now to get any kind of fun wheeling places unfortunatly. I know some of the “mountain mafia” crew and some people with farms, and some people with powerline “rights” The old gms with 39’s had some fun times

Gone back there a couple times. Kinda fun.