which car for my dad????

my old man is looking around at cars, and he is torn between a new maxima se, or an acura 3.2tl. i rode in both with him for the test drives, and they are both nice. it felt like the maxima had a little more punch, but it also is a stick, and that could be why. what car does everyone like better? even though new maximas are sweet, i keep telling him to get the acura. they are great cars.

i think both are badass.

my mom bought a TL and i would take it in a heartbeat.

i think the current model maximas are ugly, both inside and out. i’d rather have a loaded altima than a base maxima.

i know, i hate him for taking me in those, and not letting me drive them. i don’t live at home, and he already made it clear my foot is to heavy to drive either one he buys…thier both silver aso, i would be happy driving any of those anyday…

Acura all the way

acura

anything with LS1, cant go wrong with one of those

[QUOTE=Quik;470659][/QUOTE]Ya,but his dad needs a DD,not toy. With the acura’s top model it is still quik,reliable,great warranty and fun to drive:burnout:

LS1 rides get good mpg, mac and swift before latest mods were around 30mpg, ride with leather, they can have high miles and be very dependable, good handling, etc

LS2/LS4/LS5 rides are similar also, can get a new IMP SS or MCSS and still have a LS series motor that is very reliable

True,but those are fornt wheel drive,u guys are tlaking about rear wheel TA’s,the monty SS isa great ride,but people like that would prob go for the acura,not RWD.

From what I hear, the higher HP automatic transmission Acura rides have known transmission issues at around the 60K mile mark…don’t know if you’re pop would keep it that long anyway, but it’s worth mentioning.

I personally would go with the Maxima.

get the TL 6 speed. big front brakes(4 piston i belive) , transmission got limited slip, car sits on better springs and about a half inch lower than the automatic.

sixspeed454ss has a new TL, he wussed out and got an automatic(even though he says the girl he lives with wanted the automatic, but its a lie). so maybe check with him on the subject also.

Not to metion great service as well as a great warrenty!

everyone has a god damned lsx already

the man TLs are mid low 14 second rides

how about what would you take other than a Lsx? since that’s an obvious answer?

GXP FTW!

:drool:

thats still a LSX, its a LS4 bascially a aluminum 5.3 truck motor with a ls2 style intake on it with slightly higher CR compared to the typical truck motor

tl ftw