Which house belongs to the environmentalist?

Oh, ok, so you are saying that Bush does the right thing even when he doesn’t mean to?
What a great guy.:stuck_out_tongue:

Sounds like he had more input than Impala is saying:
http://www.off-grid.net/index.php?p=680

But really, this wasn’t meant to be a serious political thread. I got a funny email, found it ironic that the great green movement mobilizer all Gore’s house was such a stark contrast to GW’s the bunny destroyer’s home, and posted it up.

And el-fucking-el-oh-el at “energy credits”. Rich people’s way of saying, “you should conserve, but I’m too rich to make the uncomfortable sacrifices myself”.

I wish you could buy credits for more things though.
“Yeah, I averaged 150mph between Buffalo and Syracuse, but I’ve got $300 in safe driver credits so we’re cool”.
“Yeah, I dumped 20 gallons of used motor oil in the sewer, but I ordered $50 in oil recycling credits online that night”.

huh, it only states that things where installed there, not who recommended them, but if you keep reading on it talks about how David kept having to limit what the Bush’s wanted, how ever he lost a few and won a few. Having worked on some of David’s work he is a genius when it comes to green buildings.

Or are you talking about this pasage

Karen P. Hughes, counselor to the president, said, Bush has put in place “responsible environmental policies” at his 1,600-acre ranch. “He has installed a very environmentally friendly heating and cooling system, and he has put in place a system to recapture groundwater.”

Which basically says he has it, but not who is the one who wanted it.

I looked into a geo-thermo system for my house and the ROI was like 30 years.
After looking into many green options most of them are just bad investments.
Like the Chinese said, “Being green is a luxury most can’t afford.”
I made an honest effort but only did limited green things.
I spent about an extra $75,000 on green items on my house.
(pat’s self on back)

you doing the research and showing positives and negatives is a good thing, people going by what other people said it is shitty.

Geo-thermo is much more cost effective down here than northern states, due to the huge delta T. I would recommend going to a heat pump system more than anything.

The funny part is most of the insulations values that where used when that was built, a R-30 roof, R-15 walls in now either code or worse than code.