which turbo for a sr

just wonderin i smoked my stock turbo on my sr so i need to get a new one i was thinking along the lines of a gt28rs just for now i have a bigger turbo to upgrade to but i just need somethin to bolt on for now moneys not a prob id like to know what u guys think

just curious since im new what car do you have? only thing i could think of is like a 240?

what do you do with car? whitey on here has a nice t28 setup for sale that will bolt on. his car made 300+ hp and reliable.

he’s too dumb to buy that, it would be too easy

^^ lol, whiteys would be the best for the buck.

buy whitey’s… you’re dumb if you dont

ive spent the last two weeks telling him that

my honest opinion on the situation, you can’t fix stupid

35r at least wtf u guys thinken

go big or go home

hope you like replacing bottom ends on a semi regular basis

2871r .86 ar with a decent injector

so no one will tell me what car this is for?

Nissan 240sx.

one summer i had 5 motors in my car at least…just to find those limits

I am no Nissan guy but I would put alot of money that those bottem ends will hold alot of power…Rpms seem kill those motors when the fkn shims fly out of the head

What is your end goal for the car? High HP? A quick street car?

need to learn how to drive a 300hp car before jumping to 500hp car, just my .02 cents regardless of end goal and your setup would be perfect for him

your absolutely right, but along with a 35r theres tons of supporting mods that need done. With something like whiteys setup or a 2871r, you stay t2 flange and can utilize the stock manifold. Also its unlikely you’ll need a monster fuel system with either of those turbos. Once again keeping costs down.

Those are some good points, also remember that to actually use the power of the 35R you need to be able to rev the engine higher. This brings in the cost of head work.

school me.

what does that turbo see full boost and what does that motor rev to “safely”?

my ls-t car full boost by 5300-5500 and im shifting at 7 and it rips pretty goodf

thoese cars will see full boost with that 35r at ~5000rpm, maybe a little less depending on headwork and ar size of the turbo.

Seeing the sr’s pushed a lot 8500-9k rpm seems to be the limit before you really start fucking shit up. at 9k rpm shims start flying and rockers are close behind. Not that it doesn’t happen before that at times, mainly because of the inherent horrible design of the sr20 motor.

Also with the honda motors, you have the nice rod that runs the length of the head to hold the rockers in place, therefor you can sit on a two step or anti-lag or a combination of the two for damn near eternity and sr’s can’t. A 1500 rpm powerband isn’t exactly what were shooting for either.

the SR20 would be roughly the same. And no doubt that car is going to rip. Essentially thats what jay did when he went 10.3 with Pats car on the stock block. Driving that car on the street was just horrendous, and IMO lose alot of that fun street car feel of the 240. If i was building a SR20 with a 35R i would definitely want to be able to rev that engine to 9k. And it can be done, but it just seems that is the point where shit just starts breaking every pass down the track.

I think the best street/track setup for this car would be similar to Kolar’s 500HP setup. That car was definitely capable of being a somewhat reliable high 10 second car using a 30R.