which wine to get?

seriously, if this is for your dad (as opposed to father in law) i would hope youre going to spend more than $20, especially when buying wine. but if youre going to be spending that little, let me recommend kendall jackson, or what brett(redrum) suggested.

if you want a good cheap cab, my favorite is the smoking loon. just look for a label with a duck on it smoking a cigar :slight_smile:

it is ~$11 iirc

lol

pfff whatever…

as far as whoever was looking for good ‘sweeter’ wines or whatever

It is going to depend on what you like, you can get some great reislings that are sweet but really good (white)

as far as reds go you will be hard pressed to find a good sweet wine…yellow tail would be a great place ot start, their shiraz is probably the best. But you can also find some really good and flavorful pinot noirs that are easier to drink because they are generally softer.

Oh and another cab that you might really want, if you can find it…

2001 Kangarilla Cab; its from australia and is by far one of the best wines I have ever had under teh $50 mark, the tough part is finding any 2001 lol, im down to a few bottles and getting worried

We carried it at georgetown for about $17, if you find any snatch it up your dad will give you some extra lovin for it!

Red Cat is good, but a little sweet.
Yellow Tail is good for bringing to parties, not for gifts.

grab a bottle of Fat Bastard, or Old Fart… or 1 of each. Neither will be a let down.

Cabernet is sweeter than Merlot. Merlot makes for a great addition to any heavy meal. Steak and potato, Gamey meat (duck, venison, Lamb), heavy pasta (chicken parm, Lasagna etc).

Don’t spend too much on it for the sake that unless you are collecting it, you are drinking it and your gonna piss it out regardless. I have had “shit” wine and bottles of some of the most baller as shit you can think of. There is very little discernable differences in taste, body and flavor. You really need to know your wines to tell the differences.

I bet half you psuedo wine snobs are like the people who say they can taste a difference in artisan water.

:stuck_out_tongue:

go fuck yourself. i would be able to retire early if it wasnt for all the money the old lady and i spend on wine.

thats like saying oh, you’re a turbo snob. i bet you think you can tell the difference in power and spool time between a GT28R and a GT28RS.

don’t make me e-slap you, and your yellow tail.

:rofl: You sir are a true renaissance man. :tup:

shiraz is by no means a “sweet” wine. Most wine noobs do not like dry wines, which are normally the merlots, cabernet, shiraz’s n Chianti. If you want a sweet red, go for some Lumbrusco. It is really sweet, plus it is served chilled.

The best thing for wine noobs is some White Zinfindel, in particular Sutter Home because it tastes like sugar water. Another cheap White Zin is Beringer PVS, but it is a little drier.

i would never suggest a white to anyone :slight_smile:
wine noob or not

why not a riesling…there white and pretty damn good

:word:

go drink a mimosa
mo

lol

i could run on with a small essay here about wine, but i’m not going to bother. taste in wine like anything else is of course subjective, so if you like it, drink away. but also like anything else, having ‘good’ taste often needs to be acquired.

Shiraz

i bought the louis martini napa reserve 2002
it was $19.99
I went to premier, started walking around with my list looking at bottles then one of the workers asked if he could help me so i showed him my list of recommondations you made. he showed me each of them
he said that they just did a tasting review on it and he said it was a good wine with the medium-full flavor

yep good bottle, good vintage :tup:

good choice on the louis martini cab, very decent bottle.

anyone looking to buy some wine and needs some help, stop in premier in op both myself and ezfd work here and will be able to assist with any questions you may have. working in the biggest wine store in the state = we know what we’re talking about.

and i’m not recommending yellow tail to anyone.

or transit im there most of the time its open