Any wine drinkers here?

So, with the woman now taking a wine course, we both started to learn a little more about wines, and its health benefits. Apparently, not only do red wines boast a bunch of antioxidants, it also balances cholesterol and has proven that daily wine drinkers often have a longer life expectancy. Um, chyea, no brainer.

Anywho, I’ve come to find out I don’t like red wine too much. I can tolerate it when it’s ice cold (which you’re apparently supposed to drink at room temp). White wines are dandy, but not as “beneficial” from a health perspective.

Any winos here who can suggest good red wines for a newB like my self?

well for one, learn the proper way to drink it, and appreciate it…

then try anything you can get your hands on… and formulate your own opinions on what you like…

also you shouldn’t drink wine ice cold… find the ideal ranges for them… personally i like a really dry red wine a little higher on the temperature range…

edit: and remember the most expensive is not always the best… and regions all have their own distinct flavor

i dont like the first glass of red wine, but the second goes down nicely…

i like merritt winerys “bella rosa”

Inb4brettgoesnutsontheamountofwineheconsumesinanevening:-)

I like wine… doesnt make you a fat ass like beer

well I could tell you to go to trader joes, you can get good wine there for cheap. Too bad there are no trader joes around here.

try the smoking loon cabernet, its delicious.

Ive had that, it tastes like smoked wine… I dunno I wasnt crazy about it.

Honestly, when it came to reds, It took me about 2 years of drinking whites and tasting reds before I found a couple reds I like… since then it’s expanded and I have a fairly wide list of reds I like.

As for where to start… not really sure, I just did the try a glass at dinner and go from there routine, or try something someone else is drinking…

try boones farm brand, it is by far the smoothest and goes down easiest with a delightful fruity taste. Its almost impossible to find in restaurants but your local Mobil or Sunoco should have it.

dot.
I may be a bitch when it comes to wine, but spending more money on something that tastes like shit just isnt smart. at least with beer more money = better taste.

just to a wine store and ask them. they can point you in the right direction. you will find somethat you like and some that you hate.

:word:

gross’est wine ever.

Boones ha

only found in the finest places like mobil and sunoco

Merlot, Cheraz, Cabernet are good red wines. Thats all I drink when I go out to a bar. Doesnt make you feel like shit afterwards.

ice wines are good

quit whining. you loved it.

yea, they are good, but typically too sweet for my tastes; I like to blend them 50/50 or 60/40 with Champane…

I like thousand islands winery’s, seaway blues (blueberry wine) and their delaware and niagara. Only problem is Walnut street liquors in lockport is the only place that carries it. Bully hill is good as well ,their own niagara,

Try dessert wines they are sweet and go down very easy

there are a few options as far as red wines go, if you dont like the taste its probably because the wine is too dry or tannic for your palate right now. Try something softer and a touch sweet. Like Kristen said before Bella Rossa from Merrit is good also, Svenska red from Swedish hill. There is a very mild, semi-sweet red from italy called Camauro Cagnina di Romagna, give that a shot as well.