Any wine drinkers here?

[quote=“ezfd,post:20,topic:26524"”]

Like Kristen said before Bella Rossa from Merrit is good also,

[/quote]

thank you.

I’ll definitely try some of those :slight_smile: I think we’re going to pick up a bottle tonight. The gf said they talked a lot about German wines today, so I think we’re gonna grab that first, and give her some of the names of the ones you guys mentioned. I think she told me I should try a dessert wine too. I’m sure I’m not used to them just yet, I usually just have a Sky vodka+anything when I drink, which isn’t often. Beer took a long time to acquire, and still doesn’t settle every now and then because of fermentation.

Have Meg ask Lorraine about what to try. If you give her a bit of a description of what you like and dont like, she’ll rattle off 20 things to try. She’s awesome like that.

[quote=“Schema,post:22,topic:26524"”]

Beer took a long time to acquire, and still doesn’t settle every now and then because of fermentation.

[/quote]

Might be because your drinkin cheap beer, try gettin a pint of delirum tremens or some kind of crafted ale or beer(lambics). Lambics are like the wine of beer they tend to go down smoother and are generally made with some nature of fruit.

[quote=“Marcus,post:15,topic:26524"”]

Merlot, Cheraz, Cabernet are good red wines. Thats all I drink when I go out to a bar. Doesnt make you feel like shit afterwards.

[/quote]

shiraz…thats how its spelled

and get away from the shit NY state wines…

True German Rieslings are good, some nice full bodied Australian reds

If you wanna know anything about ice wine ask me, ive pretty much had all of them out there

Some of my fav reds are, Pillar Box Red, Tait Ballbuster Blend, Di Majo Sangiovese

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:25,topic:26524"”]

and get away from the shit NY state wines…

[/quote]

:bsflag:

There is a ton of outstanding local stuff.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:26,topic:26524"”]

:bsflag:

There is a ton of outstanding local stuff.

[/quote]

ehh theres some good Niagara-on-the-lake wines

but most people in ny think of bully hill and shit like that, thats what i was referring to as shit

[quote=“RedDawg,post:10,topic:26524"”]

try boones farm brand, it is by far the smoothest and goes down easiest with a delightful fruity taste. Its almost impossible to find in restaurants but your local Mobil or Sunoco should have it.

[/quote]

LOL

the biggest thing with wine is just keep trying new things, eventually you’ll build a better pallate and you’ll be able to pick out certain flavors and characteristics of wines. then go from there. generally people go from light/sweet and work their way up.

lol @ boones… i dont even classify that as wine…

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:27,topic:26524"”]

ehh theres some good Niagara-on-the-lake wines

but most people in ny think of bully hill and shit like that, thats what i was referring to as shit

[/quote]

Dude, just can it. Are you just regurgitating something you read in a fruity wine magazine or something? NY wines win international awards and accolades every year and has become known as a truly world-class wine producing region. I don’t care what single winery you may or may not have been referring to, but saying NY wine is shit is just plain ignorant.

i’m not a HUGE fan of wine…but i am going to Napa Valley in a couple weeks to do some wine tasting and take some tours.

Fat Bastard and Cakebread :tup: If you get a chance try Opus One.

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:32,topic:26524"”]

i’m not a HUGE fan of wine…but i am going to Napa Valley in a couple weeks to do some wine tasting and take some tours.

[/quote]

I’d love to go on one. Some coworkers mentioned a finger lakes thing when you handed in your car keys, went on the tour, then camped out for the night, which of course meant staying up all night with tons of people by a fire with plenty of intoxicating wines. They said it was an absolute blast,so I’m making sure I go this year.

[quote=“DrImodium,post:33,topic:26524"”]

Fat Bastard and Cakebread :tup: If you get a chance try Opus One.

[/quote]

nice job name dropping, you lost credibility by including fat bastard in that group though.

If your ever in North Buffalo this is a great place to go

http://www.chateaubuffalo.com/

Its located right on hertel ave, you basically can taste 5 different wines at a time for 5 bucks. Its a great deal and kinda fun, plus you get to taste before you buy.

[quote=“brent_strong,post:31,topic:26524"”]

Dude, just can it. Are you just regurgitating something you read in a fruity wine magazine or something? NY wines win international awards and accolades every year and has become known as a truly world-class wine producing region. I don’t care what single winery you may or may not have been referring to, but saying NY wine is shit is just plain ignorant.

[/quote]

im pretty sure i work with wine and liquor all day

[quote=“Bsp TC,post:37,topic:26524"”]

im pretty sure i work with wine and liquor all day

[/quote]

you work at wegmans right?

[quote=“LAFENGAS,post:32,topic:26524"”]

[/quote]

Napa Valley was awesome! i went there in january. before you go though, pick up one of those guides that the hotel hands out…its got a ton of free wine tasting coupons. :slight_smile: we used them all while we were there! :slight_smile:

[quote=“Mrs. Karus,post:38,topic:26524"”]

you work at wegmans right?

[/quote]

well we only sell fine wines there, so your right