Wineries. NEAR buffalo. I need insight for a wine tour/weekend

I had a change of plans for the ladies bday. She really wants to do a wine tour or tasting day type of thing. Sooo I was thinking go to ellicotville on saturday, leave there and head to a hotel somewhere east of ellicotville, get up the next day and do the wine tour, then go back to the hotel. Does anybody have any experience with wineries semi-near buffalo. I suppose we could travel further, she’s already done the wineries over by ithaca though.

I appreciate the insight.

<3 will

near fredonia there are a ton, not sure how close that is to where you will be, but i hear they are really good.

I went to 5 in 6 hours on Saturday, but all Niagara county.

thanks for the info, totally not related to his question :stuck_out_tongue:

yeah seneca lake is really your best bet…that or do niagara on the lake…plenty of wineries and some really cool/nice places to stay overnight

dont be afraid to venture up north!

ok… maybe I’ll bypass the ellicotville thing… hmmm… fry… wanna pm me specifics… that sounds like its more up her alley.

i may be wrong but arent there a ton in lewiston???

hmmm maybe winery… then go to the falls for the night. hmm

man, you’re on a mission to only find the worst wine of WNY.

THEN GIVE ME HINTS… lol. i am not into wine… she is… so this has to be a good weekend. please give me advice

We rented a limo from buffalo limo and went to like 5 of them in niagara county. Stopped in for a few minutes at each one, $3 bucks to taste like 5-10 wines at each stop. 10 people, came to $50/person.

There’s one that’s got sort of a fall festival atmosphere going on, with doughnuts and goats and pumpkins and whatnot. Taker her there. It was Viscarra Vinyards IIRC.

This:
http://www.beckerfarms.com/

go to the fingerlakes…

^^
there you go…

I mean, if you could care less about wine and are just looking for a different way to get hammered, then go wherever… but if you accidentally care about taste etc, then you gotta hit up the finger lakes.

make sure you go to bully hill if you’re a wine noob, they have a fun presentation…

A 2 hour drive for something worth a damn is better than a 1 hour drive for something shitty. Just my $.02.

Take a trip out to the bay area of CA and visit some out that way… she’ll love ya.

Niagara on the lake has a good amount all fairly close to one another also so its easy to hit alot on a short drive.

any recommendation for a nice hotel to stay at and some place for a decent night out?

if you’re going to fly to cali for wine, you might as well just go to Europe at that point.

minus whale

Will you’re being a moron.

She is into it. Go to the finger lakes. There are something like 300 wineries and a few microbreweries out there.

We hit up ~a dozen onthe 7/4 weekend alone. Great experience.