Wineries. NEAR buffalo. I need insight for a wine tour/weekend

The Finger Lakes is where it’s at. You can get a room at Canandaigua Inn on the Lake and visit the wineries south of there or go over to Seneca Lake or Keuka Lake. They’re all over the place. Word of the wise that this is the busy wine tour season so they will probably be a little busy and if you were thinking of grabbing a limo they are harder to find.

+1 for the finger lakes.

great trip.

thank you for the vote of confidence… lol… so fingerlakes it is… now off to find a nice hotel perhaps…

Like others said Seneca or Keuka are you’re best bet.

Willy drive down the 90 past fredonia. There is a TON of them. That or go to niagara and check out the niagara wine trail. Either one is decent.

Wine is for fags. Now someone pass me a bud light

word x400 by now, as for specific wineries, I liked swedish hill for “sitting & drinking wine”, a bit on the sweeter side though. Glenora was good, Goose Watch was good. You have to head out to Bully Hill for their tasting it is a good show… I don’t really like their wine that much but it was fun regardless. If you want one that will let you get hammered cheap, go to Poplar Ridge, lol.

Definately hit up a place to get a map and plan out a route, you can hit a shit ton of wineries in a day or two if you make a weekend out of it. Be prepared to buy many cases of wine also. Another word of advise, don’t buy the wine that was “odd but you think you liked it because it was different”, they ALWAYS taste like shit when you get home, mainly because you’re not tanked anymore :stuck_out_tongue:

I personally prefer the Cali wine over European… it’s all preference.

Since I don’t think he’s taking the trip, there is a great Niagara frozen wine, I’ll have to look into the name of it, I think checking out that winery would be a good call also.

We liked Seneca or Keuka.

Bully Hill sucks. Period.

Also Becker Farms Viscara sucks. Period.

Niagara Wine Trail isn’t bad at all. Program them into your GPS and go

Niagara on the Lake Wineries are very nice too.

If you want to stay local, I’d say Niagara or Niagara on the Lake. If you want to travel a bit Seneca.

Heading out past Rochester, go to Yancy’s Fancy
http://www.yanceysfancy.com/
And pick me up a chunk of Buffalo Wing Cheese :slight_smile:

Staying for a while in Niagara on the Lake, eat / stay here
http://www.vintage-hotels.com/niagara-on-the-lake/hotels/queens-landing.php

If you wanted to go somewhere for it outside of Buffalo that is easier and cheaper, go to long island. The north and south forks have some really great vinyards and you can sample like 15 samples at each of them for about $5 a stop.

Usually I’m not a big fan of their wines, most of them are way too sweet for me.

However, with that said, the tasting experience was a lot of fun, their restaurant was over the top amazing, and the museum was interesting as hell.

Also, in addition to their normal tasting area, they have the two counters in the shop itself. At one of them, you can sample anything they make. At the other, smaller one, they do a “dry red flight”. This was WELL worth the 5 bucks. When my wife and I were there a few weeks ago, we got a new employee, and she wasn’t completely up to speed on which dry reds to serve, so she served every last one of them, and each pour was a good half-glass. Afterwards, we started calling it the dry red endurance test. I definitely didn’t walk straight for a while after that one.

Afterwards, we headed into town and had dinner at the Village Tavern. This was also outstanding! Seriously, one of the best meals I’ve had in months. Their beer selection topped 130, and their seafood paella was the best I’ve ever had.

Beer list: http://www.villagetaverninn.com/beer.htm

So, while I agree that Bully Hill stuff as a whole is “meh”, the whole experience was a blast.

Its close

yes, i was trying to think of the name but forgot it…

went there for a wedding reception… good stuff!

i think i tried every wine they had… i dont remember…

i go to schhol in fredonia…if you drive down route 20 there has to be atleast ten or fifteen wineries between fredonia and the place where we get kegs just over the PA line…we always get drunk on the way back home from getting the kegs…makes for an interesting time and i know they have tours all the time that go to all of them