Whitey to refund $$$ after the sale

pretty sure the same ppl are still posting so whats the difference?

pittspeed was nothing more than a practice business, a toy. the influx of noobs was due to the marketing that took place the summer of nocturnal nights… it wasnt about the loyal lifelong members it was about getting more numbers. Not unlike the way most small businesses get bigger… shit on the loyal customers in effort to gain the “johnny come latelys” It was whiteys to do that if he choose too i guess. i stop coming here most of this summer because it wasnt fun anymore and i didnt know who was who.

Im guessing that u thought the whole pittspeed and pinks would have took this site to the next level but since it didnt u got out of it since u started loosing money.

To be honest I think the reason it never really took off because of all the noob hazing…not many have been able to tolerate that. Its a shame because some good members probably left, but then again alot of dumb rice has left too. I"m on enough forums to know pittspeed was and isnt your typical forum. You just dont see this kind of behavior. Shit talking and etc is fine when we may know each other but new people dont know you and take offense to it. Just my opinion

yeah some dudes on here definitely say some completely rediculous shit on regular occasion… it’s pretty silly.

you just explained the Pirates.

I appreciate some of the comments in this thread. It really shows who the logical people are on this forum. Foz pretty much summed it up in his post, but I will add a few more things.

Pittspeed was never a startup company, or an entrepreneurial experiment, it was not a career path or something I was looking to take off. It was for the hell of it. It always was and always has been. Starboy can tell you the best. He always wanted to try new business ideas for expansion and new opportunities. I never wanted any of that because I wanted it to be my hobby and not a job. And other then dealing with the occasional retard, it is still a fun hobby. I still want to plan events and have fun with other car enthusiasts I just don’t want to have to worry about the server going down or upgrading to the latest code.

Majority of the events or sales over the years PS never profited a dime. If for some strange reason a few extra bucks were in the ps bank account it always was spent on the members. ie, 100 dollars in hamburgers and hot dogs for every event(check the threads going back, my name is always listed for that), water for the PS members attending FLD’s in Zeli(remember the prime tent I would setup?), free t shirts and stickers given away at different events(remember some one had to pay for that), prizes for the Christmas parties, etc. Anytime you can think of where you wondered who is paying for all this. It was usually me out of my own pocket. Majority of the time PS was making money for the people around it. How many people attended dyno days? How many people used the shops on PS? How many people attended events we promoted like FLD’s, World of Wheels, or any local car cruise?

So what was my motive for doing all this? You can say I was buying friendships I guess. Friends that I made, friends that you made. I just spent an awesome weekend at the races with friends I would have never met if it wasn’t for this stupid site. I was able to experience times that I will tell my kids about one day all because I was in the right place at the right time. The episode of Pinks, traveling to car shows with Starboy and even making it into a magazine, traveling to Carlisle with the former New Dawn Customs Crew, countless BBQ’s, Dyno Days, and Christmas parties, Nocturnal Nights extravaganza, having pittspeed referenced in a Mischief movie and going to the premiere are all things burned into my mind that make all the money spend and bs worth while.

In closing, I have no regrets and would do it all over again if I had to. If you want to play up PS for more then it is then go right ahead. I have made my peace with all this BS and it really is not worth the time. I am lucky to have an amazing wife and great friends and family. I am going to focus on that, and maybe plan a couple of events at the same time.

It’s fine if you feel you must comment on this post, know that the only comments I won’t delete are the ones that talk about a good time or a good memory that pittspeed created for you.

Smooches,

Whitey

i’m not allowed to say that but u caught my drift

speaking of that you still owe me a bouncy ball that you threw on the roof of mcdonald lol

You dont want to forget the fact that you got to see Darkstar in a cheerleading outfit

You guys should have seen the suite we stayed in for Imports vs Domestics this weekend… Sucks I missed the race tho because Whitey paid me to stay back and count his money.

Some of you need to learn when to shut the fuck up. Just sayin.

Why is it anyones business if Whitey turned a profit or not. He provided a service and an outreach to a community of individuals with a hobby in common.

Whitey most likely saw it was time to hand the reigns of the site over to someone else who would dedicate the time to keep it up and running, and wanted to be reimbursed with some of his financial outlay. I see no problem in what he did. Not saying he was the only one who put hard work into this site, but I am sure those were taken care of as well.

Seriously, I don’t get why people can’t appreciate what Whitey has done for the site over the years. It’s like all people can do it bitch.

Agreed, not even sure how my previous questions in the other thread were taken as anything more than just that. I thank Whitey openly for giving us a place to play unrestricted, and frankly the only person he has to look out for is himself…so as far as we’re concerned we just have a bigger window to throw things at.

Not to mention, that if Whitey didnt step up back in 03 when he started this forum due to PSR shutting down the pittsburgh section, 99% of us wouldnt have kept in touch.

Who the fuck cares… “like zomg i cant beleeve that whitey is such a sellout… so uncool herpa derrrrrp”

The site is still here, it’s still free, and if anything… the merger kicked this site up a few notches in my opinion, since the average traffic over the last 6 months (or more) has been like 3 active users per day. It was relatively dead. Things change, it’s the way of the world. This change happened, and the way I see it - get used to it or hit the bricks.

My only bone of contention on this whole thing is that Whitey was too nice to the fucking douchebags like ElectronBlueSS and other various idiots. I’m sure I only know about 10% of what Whitey has put into this site (both time and money), but even that 10% is too much for most of the ungrateful noob faggots that are on this site these days. And every bit of what he posted is right. This was Whitey’s site as much as his backyard to his house is his. He invited us all in to stay and make ourselves at home, provided free food (literally and figuratively), free entertainment, etc… but when he asks for everyone to chip in $2 to for a cup to help foot the cost of the party (completely voluntarily), everyone starts to bitch? And then he sells his house for a MAJOR LOSS, but makes sure that the new owner will let the party go on and not change a bit… and you assholes have the balls to criticize him OPENLY, on his OWN FUCKING FORUM??? I would LOVE for one of you faggots to start running their mouth about this within earshot of me. Pretty please, with sugar on top… Whitey he has always made Pittspeed about EVERYONE BUT HIMSELF. It isn’t anyone’s fucking business if he tried to get back some of the money he shelled out for YOU to have a fucking forum to use.

Can I just bitch to you period Mike?

P.S.-Why is this thread still going?

because i guess the pittspeed mods lost the ability to mod the pittspeed section now? I thought all the mods and things were to stay the same withing the pittspeed forums, just not the global? oh well.

wow i havent been on here for awhile the site is for sale/been sold?what i miss