Whitey to refund $$$ after the sale

LOL, nope. As soon as he started charging for premium memberships, I knew he was just in this for the $$$.

Saved and will be reposted.

when this is deleted.

In b 4 del33t

Thanks for riding my balls boys it always feels good when Roland is around.

Questions for you fine business men.

1. What do you think the annual spend on pittspeed was? This includes licensing, hosting, hardware, and domain registration.
  2. How much do you think I received in donations and advertisements total?
  3. What is your dollar amount evaluation of pittspeed at time of sale?

Whitey not bustin balls but just kinda want to know the answer to number 1 . If it’s prying to much thats cool .

I really think you all need to get off Whitey’s nuts.

he’s put his time and money into this site, and there’s been plenty of talk of everyone growing up and have other priorities to take care of. Maybe he doesn’t have time for us here, his loyal subjects at pittspeed.

maybe it’s time for John to move on and play with his snowmobile and other expensive toys while he’s out traveling the states with his high paying executive career… or maybe we need to just deal with the sale/merger and get on with life

for christ’s sake it’s just a forum

maaaaaybe the whole life/work/marriage thing is a bit more important than owning the site? god forbid

just show us your tits for once

In my experience, success of endeavors like this are only as good as your tax accountant. (But I am not sure how LLC’s work in the “e-world”)

I have a couple rentals, depending on my mood I could tell you one of two stories:

#1 - I barely break even, costs, upkeep, aggrevation, taxes . . . I would sell them in a minute.
#2 - Depreciation schedule, personal income burden offset, long term return . . . I need to buy more rental units.

That being said - perspective always plays a role.
My guess, after sale of Pittspeed and ledger balancing

• Pittspeed was sold for about the price of a slightly used snowmobile. :slight_smile:

Hey whitey it may have took a few years but I told everyone u were in it for the money. U used so many people on this site to get what u wanted. Im guessing that u thought the whole pittspeed and pinks would have took this site to the next level but since it didnt u got out of it since u started loosing money. Im sorry but u wouldnt have done half the shit to this site if ur werent making some $$$$. Also all this shit u sayin it cost this much to keep this site up and running is a bunch of bullshit because I have talked to several people who run bigger forums then u did and said ur full of shit. But who really cares u got ur money and Im sure ur laughing at all the suckers that donated to ur shitty site.

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

well instead of asking asshole why dont u tell us?

You guys are way off the mark here.

If you really think whitey, and the rest of us who are vested in these communities, are just in it for the money you are 180 degrees in the wrong direction.

The forums, from a purely financial or investment perspective are terrible investments. They don’t turn any notable profits and they take a long time and a lot of work to steward over. Josh, Mike and I are each gainfully employed so if it were just about the money we’d spend our time focusing solely on our jobs.

I happen to be very passionate about the people and the communites of son240sx and nyspeed and I’d like to see them grow and sustain themselves beyond the original or subsequent generations of users. In order to do that we are trying to do things that have never really been done before. Forum consolidators traditionally simply acquire and monetize with little regard for the respective userbases and without any desire to integrate. If you consider the dollars paid for forums they are a pittance and we will not earn a return on any of them for sometime. Our focus is on the latter… lightly integrating userbases into a broader community. Technically speaking, Mike has done an incredible job. So much so in fact that there are VB forum owners the world over that are trying to figure out how he’s done it and many more watching to see if we can actually pull it off.

That’s why we’re doing it and i beleive that is why guys like Whitey and Zep and a few more that are coming on board are doing so. Individual forums tend to decay over time after a couple generations of users, this was the case with pittspeed. The merger is an opportunity for a revival of your community and it is also an exciting challenge for us to take on. It will lead to unique opportunities that only a integrated-multi-community network can provide.

Internet Brands has been auditing our sites for compliance and i know that other consolidators are eyeing what we’re doing to see if the concept is scalable. The network will never be sold, it’s been too much a part of our lives for too long.

final comment… the dollars here are so insignificant that any man with a decent job wouldnt bat an eye.

i did. you moved to texas and missed it

I’ve only met whitey a few times, but this just sounds retarded. Maybe I missed the memo, but Pittspeed was never a charity. If whitey wanted to build it up to sell it, good for him. At least he took the initiative to dive into a business venture, rather than sitting at home steaming over other people’s successes.

People need to get the fuck over it and either move on or leave.

was whitey supposed to keep this site forever?

i agree 100% i fuckin donated one time… but that was to get a hoodie… after that i never donated again… but i hope that he made money on this site because he did put alot of time into it and i met alot of people off of this site… including my awesome g/f
i also met brian up at jj’s and he did alot of great stuff for me in the past 6 or so years. it was a good run while it lasted. thanks starboy and whitey. and all the others that made it go well… and for that people that bitcha bout donating… dont… or haha if you did. if you didnt and still bitch about him making money fuck off…

dont worry what others do here… whaaaaa

I don’t know Whitey that well, but of all the times I’ve talked to him/done business with him, he’s come across as a legit guy with good character. Pittspeed has been a great meeting ground for us and also a face for some local performance businesses by the way of advertising on here. I wouldn’t have met some people and done business with others without it.

I can understand there are costs associated with running an online forum/media source. Whether he did/didn’t make money on it is his business, what do you all expect him to do? Keep up with Pittspeed forever with the same effect from people? The same people are gonna be on here talking the same old shit whether Whitey runs it or a group from New York does.

Point I’m getting at is I’m sure he’s gonna do what is right for him, whether you guys wanna bust balls or not, try and put yourself in the same situations (realistically) before casting any stones.

/ballride.

Why on god’s green earth should he have to tell a dumb fuck like you anything? Pittspeed cost him more than it ever made him. The fact that it has remained this long is out of the goodness of his heart. And nothing is even changing! Cry me a fucking river, and get the fuck off of these forums.

omg u so hurt my feelings with ur worthless post.

I just dont see what the problem is who the fuck runs it, it’s still here?