Whitey's 1993 Nissan 240sx

is that hood painted yet?>

you’re SCF application is pending on the completion of your hood :smiley:

:rofl:

It actually scrapes less then the Jetta front lip!

haha… yeah they do need to have a car that actually places at shows! zing pow!

yowza ouchie

:rofl:

Tonight I installed a VLSD in my car to help with traction problems… Yeah i know waste of money or whatever, but I needed a diff and this fit my budget.

I bought a VLSD from an Infinity J30. Now when i bought it the kid told me 95 which is a direct swap. Yeah when it showed up it was from a 92 and had 5 bolt axles. So there is 200 bucks into just the Diff. I was lucky enough to locate some 5 bolt axles from a 93 Infiniti J30 from a yard in Ohio… 115 shipped for the axles.

So now can do two wheel burnouts for only 315 and some sweat! I have a whole bunch of pictures to take, but I also have my interior mostly together again.

So about a month ago I was heading over to First Try in the 240 to grab some breakfast and get the hood buffed out. Well on the way there, I ran into some problems. While driving all of the sudden smoke starts coming from the engine bay. I pop the hood and there is oil and smoke coming out of the breather. It still runs so I am going to limp it along. The long and short of it was I was low compression in 2cyl, probably cracked 2 pistons. fun.

Lucky for me, Pat the owner of the Hybrid Drag car just bought 2 SR20’s and they were already on there way! So I picked up one of those and I was back in biz. While the engine was out I took it as a good time to do some minor upgrades. The head was sent out to A1 to get cleaned up and get new valve seals and HKS valve springs. Then I picked up a Hybridynamics Turbo Kit. This kit included a S15 T28 Turbo, 550cc injectors, ROM tune, and Hybrid braided lines. A Cometic HG, ARP Head studs and a z32 MAF were also installed during this process.

Just need to head out there now and put the car back together and it should be ready to hit the road. I expect just a little bit over 300hp to the wheels with this setup. This should be able to hold me over while I spend some money on the house instead of the car.

cliff notes:

old engine went bang

put new to me engine in plus Cometic HG, ARP Head Studs, valve seals, HKS Valve Springs, S15 T28 Turbo, 550cc injectors, Z32 MAF, braided coolant and oil lines, Ebay Turbo Elbow, Hybridynamics ROM tune

bring it

lol. thats cool you’ll have it back soon though. should run good!

aweseome, cant wait to see what new numbers will put down

here is the dyno chart from when this setup was on Jay’s car

http://www.hybridynamics.com/uploaded/2/T28%20graph.JPG

my car will hit the dyno once its done too, just to make sure everything is perfect

“not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars”

hahah… if i spent 10k I better be searching for the 600hp mark not the 300hp

awesome. Glad to see its almost up and running again.

Its going to be really close this year. I Cant wait till prp opens again!

i am not going to the drag strip anymore… drift > drag

Looks good whitey, still shoulda went to the 2871r though

nice,congrats

if that 2871rblah blahblah is bigger. i agree with cheeks.

i definately concur:beer: