who can rebuild f22 on a budget

going to be getting some cash on a couple of weeks to burn on car
i have accord 92 with 152k on motor and thinking of getting engine rebuild to turbo later and swap to manual

what do you guys think it would run me, and were can i get it done
hope is not my first born

i dont have indoor garage or were to work on it

it’s going to cost you roughly $525 in parts (if you buy the rebuild kit on ebay, which doesnt include rods and maybe some other parts) and then labor, if you’re not going to do it yourself. I looked into rebuilding mine, but opted out. If your f22 runs fine, dont mess with it. Drive her until she dies. There’s a dude on honda-tech with an f22 that had like 400k on it before it died. Yeah he had a TON of hw miles, but still … keep your money for something else.

here’s a link to the thread with a 400k f22b1 …
http://www.theaccordforums.com/showthread.php?t=1100

i know the car is very relaible has never ever failed me in anything
the thing is am trying to go faster :stuck_out_tongue:
intake header exhaust not cuttin it
thinking of boost so bad

got some cams but have not install yet

h22 is the way to go. We swapped a Euro R h22 in my friends 93 accord and HOLY hell that thing was quick!

this is just after the install
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid169/p9a90b6e08e721eba98bd6de733c041f0/f414991c.jpg

and yes thats about 9k
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid138/p4a84cf002a51f43499cfeb8a9fe4ae84/f72376b3.jpg
this was the beast. it is no longer though. He parted it out. My favorite car ever :frowning:

don’t h22’s redline at 8200? ew that makes me sad :frowning:

I got a 92 lx,Kamakzi Headers, CAI, Tsudo Full cat , I got the f22A. Theres a number after your block look at it and se wut it is, soem accords are different. Dont bother budling up this motor its an awesome motor for boosting. I leave for carlisle next week and after I return my car is getting boosted by a few guys on the board. Save your money and boost, dont build up.

F22 + Boost will walk over an N/A H22 any day of the week. Yeah I’m sure the Euro H22 did pull pretty hard … seeing as it has 220hp and an LSD tranny (if he did the complete swap). The only difference between the JDM H22a and Euro H22a is different camshafts, higher compression pistons, and the LSD tranny, but costs 2x as much … not really worth it IMHO. Basically it depends on how much money you have to spend.

akkord: you better take me for a ride once that thing is boosted! I’ve yet to ride in a boosted Accord and want to :stuck_out_tongue:

Run forged pistons and rods and that should be the only upgrades youre gonna need to do to an F22 to support BIG TURBO POWER. The F22 bottom end is alot tougher and cheaper than an H22.

Sloma^^^

Your ass better just shut the fuck up, get off the computer and get back to working on your car for carlisle! lol.

You can drive it for all I care, ha.

Nick and Nick are hopefully gonna help me .

I am helping them out with a big project in the works, so well se what happens.

Just get ur car done!

yeah I know you’re helping Nick and Nick out …

nah I dont want to drive it until it’s boosted :stuck_out_tongue:

I have been working on the car with hotrodkid alot!

I’m actually going to try to put the flywheel / clutch / tranny on in a little bit

hopefully she’ll be ready for Carlisle, but I dont know … it’s gonna be CLOSE

VERY GOOD ADVISE! (despite the fact that i took the day off from working on that ish :rofl:)

accord, im down for helping you on your car, and ive still gotta respond to you im, ill help you with that but i gotta figure out how were gonna paint it afterwards

and that other stuff … total hotness, and i know your serious :slight_smile:

theres other little differences too, which make it seem a lot faster then just 20hp on paper. It has a single runner intake manifold, which shifts the peak power up, and the tranny is geared shorter to match that. (the tranny is quite possibly the best part about it and can easily sell for 1500+ by itself, I wouldn’t buy just the engine alone) the peak power is made at 7200, the peak torque at 6300. the head is also different, has different valve angles, ported and polished by hand like an integra type-r. Bigger throttle body, bunch of aluminum parts to keep it light, electronic power steering to cut down on engine losses (so it has a lighter single row crank pulley) Im sure theres more too that Im not thinking of right now. IMO its underated and I really wished I had a chance to take it to the track to prove it (thats my accord up there) And btw I went from a regular h22 to the euro-r, so I did have a direct back to back comparison. And it seems a lot faster then a claimed 20hp on paper. And at first I didnt think it would be worth 4k either, which is why I never bought it until I got an amazing deal on it. However after driving it and actually learning what all the differences are, if I wanted to have a relatively stock honda engine with bolt ons that should last forever and make some very nice power I would buy the full swap again in a second. But I’d probably rather go even more extreme and build something with 12:1 compression, more agressive cams, etc.

boost is a good idea for an F22, i almost stared a similar project last year.

this is :bloated: those engines with their crappy r/s were never ment to spin that high, and i am sure it stopped making power 2k rpm ago.

actually it didn’t, if you read what I wrote. Also a little background info, I actually shifted at like 8500 tach indicated, which would be about 8200rpm, pretty much the perfect place to shift with this engine, however I let my foot linger on the gas pedal, actually bringing the rpm up slightly higher. Thats a screen shot from a video.

Anyways, now that Im done defending the euro-r :slight_smile: I would actually probably reccomend turbo to most people too, and was even thinking about going that route on my latest accord. If your engine still has good compression and is in good shape, I say throw on a 16g, with the right supporting mods, AND GET IT TUNED, and make about 300 to the wheels safely every day.

i read what you posted, and no where did you post that you shifted at 8200.

not worth arguing… just pointing it out.

ben, my buddy said if you had all the supplies and the bumper he would paint it for $50.

were can i get these, and my car has 150k so am thinking if i need to rebuild so that it would last

what about labor changes??

i almost bought me a lude 95, but i think ill stay with car and try to build.

thats a nice black accord :tup: on top