Questions bout boosting my 95 Accord EX?

My Cobalt is back to GM and glad to had no payments. Plus the knuckle broke the week before turning it in…

Anyway, I gotta few questions bout boosted my 95 Honda Accord F22b1 Vtec. Now its my ONLY car now the cobalt is gone. I was thinking about bossting it> Reason is, its NOT a civic or integra, its something different. I found turbo kits but I really want reliability. I CANT find any supercharger kits for this car at all. I scrapped the idea of doing a H22 cuz i cant afford it nor can I find someone to put it in. Might as well stick to what i got and work from there. The F22b1 is already a LOW compression engine and thats why I wanna boost it. I NOT looking to make 900Hp or anything like that. I just want around 180 to 220ish for daily driving til I can get a another car. Help me out?

if you want reliability dont boost it. Buy another car to have fun with and keep accord stock dd. You can pick up hondas for dirt cheap…

rule number 1 of a turbo car. buy a daily. turbo and reliability don’t go well at times. especially if you don’t do your own work. granted that motor is dirt cheap to replace when you blow it up. but if heart set on turboing it buy another car that way when car breaks or blows up you still make it to work.

No offense but whats the point? why not just save your money and buy something better. I mean lets be honest there are tons of cars that are decently priced that make more power than what a turboed honda will make.

DD my turbo car? never, at least without the motor mounted on slotted holes and wingnuts with a backup GSR in the garage on the lift…

Okay okay okay…tubo is OUT! But New question! REGUARDLESS DD or not this car is gonna be different! So I was thinking of a F20B engine. The reason is a ton of ppl did h22, h23, g22/23 and crap and I was looking into the F20B motor. NO TURBOing or SUPERCHARGING this motor so I let y’all know this now! I just wanna make sumthing different for now with my accord ex. Im still researching for now but anyone knows bout this motor? And is it worth the $ compared to the OVERPRICED h22?

How about just leave it be and sell it? Buy something else?

buy another car

I give…I give…Going back to domestics then. Maybe, if im lucky, I can get a 98-02 Firdbird, or Camaro, 3800 and maybe turbo or supercharge it and keep my crappy acord as a DD. There is no point of even trying anymore.

dont hate. We all have done something like this before and are swaying you from it because we have made the mistake. A dd should never be turboed unless you can maintain the fuck out of it and have alot of experience with turbos. Also swapping engines is pointless. Its still going to be slow unless you turbo it so it would just be a waste of money. If your intentions are driving a honda why not just buy one for around 2k and turbo it and keep the accord as a dd so when you blow the welds on the intake of the other honda you can still dd the accord and not be sol for driving anywhere.

yeah I dailied a dsm. nuff said.

daily drove a turbo cobalt 2.4, bad mistake… have a stock car for a runner and then have the fun car on the side.

turbo it. WTF its 2010. that f22 is better then any H series for boost…

that car with like 280whp would fuck up 80% of the cars on this board.

Its all about the tune!

If you really only want 200whp there is no problem with a larger turbo at 5pounds.

And would be fine daily driving it.

My Girl friends car is a stock ls with 300,000 miles (motor that i had in every one of my cars) and she daily drives it at 11-12 pounds around 280whp on a 6 puck unsprung. and the only issues she has is leaving the lights on and the batt going dead.

Compression really doesent matter as long as its not like 11.5:1 Even then it would be a race gas motor. Hell my next race motor will me like 12.5:1 on boost.

I agree with FMF… I daily drove 2 turbo hondas for 2+ years. Never stranded anywhere. Do it right and you will have a blast.

I am about to turbo my RSX-S. (daily)

By the way - one of those turbo honda’s was a 98 Accord w/ F23 motor. Pretty similar. About 350 WHP @19PSI. Like FMF said ~ all about the toooooner.

Immma just hold off for a while til this car is 100% fixed. I know plently of yall have seen my car at the mile here and there and those who have seen it knows its a heap. LOL But seriously its an rare…maybe i should say uncommon car. You dont see many of 2dr Accords (this gen) around much. I know i blew up on here b4 cuz i was streesed as hell. My bad but sumtimes I still think was it worth buying out my lease 06 Cobalt SS 2.4L? Right now its great not to have payments. Yeah, i know its going be slow no matter what cuz its a heavy car. Think about it. Its an Accord not a Civic or Integra. I wanted to tune this car up but with 179,XXX miles I dont think its really worth it. Plus if i wanted to tune it, it wouldn’t be for drag racing, it would be more for autocross or track…maybe…Plus im going to go look at a few different cars this weekend. I could’ve had a 99 GST spyder but got turn down. I know, i know…chicks car but it was fun to drive and much better than my accord. Who knows? Imma just look for the time being and do research on ALL types. My accord is the perfect daily tho. Roomy and great on gas.