Who has a Kevlar/Puck clutch ?

I got my stock unit turned into a 6 puck kevlar sprung disk and a increase to pressure plate as well.

They told me 1000km break in because of how tuff/ruff the kevlar is and that it can eat up the flywheel?

Question is how careful do I need to be on this break in period. Obviously I wont drive the shit out of it and would like to break in the engine a bit as well. But can I get onto the gas a decent bit without worry to the clutch break in, does it need to be babied?

No idea what the clutch action/feel should be like when installed… I’ve read that shifting hard/quick can be rough/loud?

Any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Jeff

I also need a Throwout Bearing… I’m not sure which one it is I need thou. lol. Is the Ka one the same?

PDM has a part # of 30502 - 21000 not sure whether its a nissan number or not ?

Any help on that is awesome as well

Let me know what generation SR20 you are using (if you are running an SR)

when I got my new clutch/pressure plate installed on my Z, I did a 1000km break in period… i have a 6puck sprung with a 2700lb pressure plate, and it grabs HARD… no feathering… just on… or off… very fun in traffic and very heavy :roll:

Did you get the clutch done at eurodrive?

Drive it normal, dont rip it, dont smack it, just drive smooth and consistant.

Pucked clutches do not need a break in period. I’m 99.9& sure of this.

This is because of it’s tendancy to chew through flywheels.

Yah… actually come to think of it… my break in was like… 4-500 KMS of normal driving.

Had a segmented flywheel put in at the same time.

There are diff kinds of materials that can be used for clutches, kevlar absolutly needs a break in.

Yes I got the clutch done @ euro-drive… I will post some pictures later on today after work.

The clutch is going into a S13 redtop SR20…

Does anyone at all know whether the KA throw out bearing is the same ?

Tranny will work minus the bell housing so I’m assuming it does fit.

hey u drive it yet?

how is it so far, any noise

SR20 release bearing = 30502-21000-

My north american software isnt working right now, so call nissan and see if the part numbers are the same.

In Japan… that same release bearing is used on 190 different cars… ranging from the R32 - Z31.

Awesome! T hanks dude… that is the same part # on PDM which is listed working on a SR or KA so I guess they are the same.

Here is a picture of the Clutch and Pressure Plate…

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/Jedi_Car_Fan/IM001514.jpg

I have not drove with it yet as I’m just dropping the SR in on Sunday… I should be driving the car by the end of next week so I will post on how the feel of it is.

I spoke with the gentlemen @ euro drive in regards to the break in process and he said really just no heavy clutch work… hard/fast shifts or clutch kicks and crap.